Absolutely it’s different now. Currently in the process of renewing my CCW via Permitium. Says it would take an hour and no interview is necessary but I answered all the same questions (felt like it) as my initial interview.
I had to provide online:
My ID, front and back, as different image files
Proof of residency (car registration and water bill)
I also gave supporting files because I have a P.O. Box and let them know before hand and they asked for the file provided.
A total payment of $31.29 and that was it.
Just need to do my 8 hour shooting/class, submit that and I believe that’s it.
No live scan, “no interview”, and it looks like they will mail me my renewal?
Am getting text message updates which was nice.
If I recall, so far I’ve paid:
200 + 50 (ccw renewal class + 25 for each gun after the first one, LAPD MAX 3 guns)
25+1.29+5 (initial permit fee + CC fee + service fee)
Still owe about 52 for the renewal.
Found this price breakdown in Permitiums website. Hopefully it helps.
