18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics Humble-brag - Echelon Mischief Machine Upgrade

Messages
104
Classified ads
2
I know, this hardly counts as Gunsmithing, but I’m super excited that I managed to upgrade my Echelon with a Mischief Machine grip module! It looks wicked cool, and feels great in hand - thanks to @DesertDepotArms for always having the good gear I want and getting it to me fast!! I can’t wait to get this out to the range this weekend!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0786.webp
    IMG_0786.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0787.webp
    IMG_0787.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 35
How do you like that metal grip? I feel that it will rip into the hand when shooting. I love the look can't wait until I get the build going I bought the grip module first, still waiting to get a good deal on PPT anyone here see this and has one for sale let me know lol
 

Attachments

  • 8120.webp
    8120.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 27
How do you like that metal grip? I feel that it will rip into the hand when shooting. I love the look can't wait until I get the build going I bought the grip module first, still waiting to get a good deal on PPT anyone here see this and has one for sale let me know lol
The grip does feel pretty rough, we’ll see how it does with a couple of hours of shooting - the texture on the stock grip didn’t feel like it was “enough”. Hope your PPT comes around soon!!
 
great grip but not as comfortable to carry and has more felt recoil than a stock grip.

Hmm- it’s not in my carry rotation, I use this mostly for classes and range time, so that part will probably be ok. Interesting about the felt recoil - I thought because it was heavier, it might have less than OEM, but I guess aluminum is less forgiving than the polymer grip. Thanks for the heads up, though! I won’t be shocked and disappointed about the recoil 😊
 
The grip does feel pretty rough, we’ll see how it does with a couple of hours of shooting - the texture on the stock grip didn’t feel like it was “enough”. Hope your PPT comes around soon!!
Thanks!

I like the stock grip from feeling it at my local FFL, but ever since I saw the commander MM module I fell in love. I did just get a x-macro that I am thinking about getting the same commander grip for it. I think Mischief makes the best aesthetic looking metal grips. How they shoot is a different story.
 
Thanks!

I like the stock grip from feeling it at my local FFL, but ever since I saw the commander MM module I fell in love. I did just get a x-macro that I am thinking about getting the same commander grip for it. I think Mischief makes the best aesthetic looking metal grips. How they shoot is a different story.

I’ll report back after first range trip - worse comes to worst, I can always switch it back, it was pretty easy!
 
Got the compact model of the MM grip, shoots very flat and insanely low felt recoil

With that benefit aside, is very aggressive texture and for me at least the mag release is stiff needs breaking in
 
Back
Top Bottom