18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

I bought a Jacob Grey Hex

If you cared you'd use leading caps, proper noun caps such as "Atlas", and punctuation. :)

I know most people wouldn't care but I've got a touch of the 'tism or so I'm told...so I get a little hyper-focused on words.

I corrected spelling for an ESL 3D software company's website and they sent me their entire 3D suite as a thank-you. That was...unexpected.
Here you go..
GrammarPolice (1.8.3) - Scripts & Plugins (guessing thats made for you)

And no i wouldnt (that was intentional ) care either way. Same with using proper punctuation and format. Bet your real fun to hang out with. lol..

your funny. heres your badge.

democratic party GIF
 
So I just bought a Jacob Grey Hex a couple weeks ago and finally shot it today. My plan was to make it my new everyday carry. I was a little upset that I didn't know the Hex Pro was about to be released, but also don't think I would have spent another grand.
When I shot it today, it was surprisingly snappy in my wrist. Maybe it's because of the aluminum frame and grip, or the ports? All I know is I brought my Staccato XC, MAC 9 DS Comp and the Hex. The Hex was my least favorite of the day. Obviously, I must be a compensator guy. Nothing comes close to my XC, and I'm not a Staccato fan any longer now that they went all in on the stupid HD line! My duty gun is the Staccato C, and I'm pissed that they discontinued the V3 line. DUMB!
The MAC 9 felt softer than the Hex. I will say, the Hex did return to zero well, but it was just kinda painful to shoot. Maybe I'm just a big 🐙 guy, I don't know. It might just be for sale in a year because of the big, stupid, retarded CA DOJ not letting me sell it.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

I guess to make this post make sense, let me know what you think about port vs. comp?
I'm not trying to sound like a DB because I get to buy guns like a normal American. If I could, I'd sell it right now for what I'm into it for.

-Donkey T
Forgive my ignorance but why won’t the CA Doj let you sell it?
 
If you cared you'd use leading caps, proper noun caps such as "Atlas", and punctuation. :)

I know most people wouldn't care but I've got a touch of the 'tism or so I'm told...so I get a little hyper-focused on words.

I corrected spelling for an ESL 3D software company's website and they sent me their entire 3D suite as a thank-you. That was...unexpected.
I used to correct spelling and such on papers from teachers, sent home with my kids and sent back.

They let me keep my kids.
 
Forgive my ignorance but why won’t the CA Doj let you sell it?
Since it’s Off Roster, the DOJ will say I lied on my form and intended to buy and sell. I believe I need to wait about a year if I sell it to not get flagged.
 
thanks for the info.. I wanted a JG Hex badly but I guess my mac 9 comp will do. For a budget gun with little mods it runs like a sewing machine
 
thanks for the info.. I wanted a JG Hex badly but I guess my mac 9 comp will do. For a budget gun with little mods it runs like a sewing machine
I ordered JG’s new Reaper Recoil guide rod. I’ll update when I get it. It’s still a very nice gun, just not quite what I thought it would be. I hear the Nox and Hex Pro will have this guide rod. I wish I knew the pro was coming out. Oh well.
 
I ordered JG’s new Reaper Recoil guide rod. I’ll update when I get it. It’s still a very nice gun, just not quite what I thought it would be. I hear the Nox and Hex Pro will have this guide rod. I wish I knew the pro was coming out. Oh well.
pro doesnt seem worth the money at all tbh.
 
I think it has already been said, but the Hex is a much smaller/lighter gun compared to the XC. Spring rates have a big impact on shooting characteristics as well. For me, the Hex is one of the most accurate handguns I have and the return to target is amazing. Just picked up my Nox 9, but haven't shot it yet. Going to get out and see how much different the ports and comp combo are. Overall, I think the fit and finish of the Hex is pretty damn good, zero slack/movement in the parts and the trigger is amazing... plus I like the color options - totally subjective, but I have the green and rose gold barrel and love the look.
 
I think it has already been said, but the Hex is a much smaller/lighter gun compared to the XC. Spring rates have a big impact on shooting characteristics as well. For me, the Hex is one of the most accurate handguns I have and the return to target is amazing. Just picked up my Nox 9, but haven't shot it yet. Going to get out and see how much different the ports and comp combo are. Overall, I think the fit and finish of the Hex is pretty damn good, zero slack/movement in the parts and the trigger is amazing... plus I like the color options - totally subjective, but I have the green and rose gold barrel and love the look.
Very nice, I can only dream of the Nox.
I did order the new Reaper Guide Rod and can’t wait to try it in the Hex. They ship out this week.
 
Very nice, I can only dream of the Nox.
I did order the new Reaper Guide Rod and can’t wait to try it in the Hex. They ship out this week.
Let me know how you like it, I am curious to try it and will add the Hex! Definitely excited to get that thing out on the range and try it out.
 
Back
Top Bottom