18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

I can't find my DROS paperwork

BarneyLongden

Member
Messages
39
How do I find the records of the guns I have registered in California?

I am about to renew my CCW and have no idea where the docs are for 2 of my 3 EDC guns.

I have an account on CFARS & used it years ago to add an old gun but do not see how to extract my records.

Do I actually need DROS paperwork? I assume so.

Do have actually to mail a hard copy request to AFS? https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/media/bof-053.pdf
 
you have to request a firearms ownership report - you dont need the docs as long as the guns are registered to you (im sure they'll check) at least thats how it was for me in SD county
 
Hey was there a time a few years ago when you did need this paperwork for CCW? I am trying to recall why had to create an account on CFARS 3 years ago. Maybe it was to confirm records for my 25 yr old Glock 37 ( paperweight)
 
I’ve never needed copies for CCW in the past 8 years+.

Maybe you were looking at getting an FFL03? Possibly registering an 80%er or RAW at some point? @BarneyLongden
 
Only time you needed a copy of DROS was when California’s system crashed at release of P365 because the weren’t showing registered information.

If it’s registered to you zero need to provide DROS. Especially for guns already on your permit.
 
Back
Top Bottom