18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

I have a spare Glock Blue Label coupon, use on a 3rd Gen right now, or wait for V models?

Messages
26
Basically as the title says. I just got in my yearly Blue Label Coupon via the GSSF am thinking of putting down on a spare 3rd Gen Glock, probably another 34, (I already have a 17, 21, 33 and 34), before the supply is fully exhausted. Should I do this, or wait for the V models and hope they come at CA?
 
One in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

You can always acquire another GSSF coupon next year right?
 
I'd use it. Then if the reviews on the Vs are really good. You can sell it and buy a V. Assuming used gen 3 prices don't crash because everyone wants a V. CA hasn't got any new Glock models in decades. So I'm sure there is a ton of pent up demand for the latest Glock. If the V's turn out to be just as reliable with better triggers, better barrels, no finger grooves, optic ready, front slide serrations, adjustable backstraps, crossover sizes, removable MDM, etc... Then everyone is going to want them. And people will probably be selling their gen 3s for $300-$400. Think about it this way, Glock has probably done the math. If it didn't make sense for them financially, they wouldn't be coming out with the V. Now the real question is how long will the V be around until a gen 6 comes out?
 
Last edited:
I'm waiting for the V series.

I won a pistol certificate at a GSSF match in August and decided to wait to see what happened with the ab1127 ban 🫣

The certificate expires next August so hopefully the new V models will be available by then 🤞
 
Basically as the title says. I just got in my yearly Blue Label Coupon via the GSSF am thinking of putting down on a spare 3rd Gen Glock, probably another 34, (I already have a 17, 21, 33 and 34), before the supply is fully exhausted. Should I do this, or wait for the V models and hope they come at CA?
I think you missed the boat in Cali. I highly doubt you’ll get your hands on a Glock before they are banned.
 
I'm waiting for the V series.

I won a pistol certificate at a GSSF match in August and decided to wait to see what happened with the ab1127 ban 🫣

The certificate expires next August so hopefully the new V models will be available by then 🤞
How long did it take for them to mail you your certificate?
 
The GSSF prize certificates are online and available a week after the match is completed. Last time I redeemed a certificate it took about three months to ship to the FFL.
Damn I feel dumb, I’ve been waiting for a golden ticket in the mail or something….
 
I'd say use it. You never know how long the V will take to be available for CA, would suck for it to expire after Gen 3 are gone and before the V models are available. If you want a V once they come out I'm sure you'll be able to get another certificate.
 
If the coupon expires and is only good for lighting a cigar or starting a campfire, are you ok with that?
 
If you have an opportunity to get the g34, I’d get one.. I’ve been told the G34 is being discontinued. This news was shocking to me being I’m a big fan of the G 34/G 35 and have carried it as a duty weapon for almost 20 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom