18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

I'll take a roster gun over off-roster gun because of this!

I had a chuckle because someone is so easily offended by a manufacturer's warning label, yet won't recognize some easy remedies like the Sharpie idea, or even Cerakote options etc etc etc to remove the contrast. Most people recognize the appropriate tactic of ignoring offensive speech from loud-mouth suspects and not allowing it to anger you into inappropriate action, yet a warning label on your pistol drives you nuts!

On a more serious note:

Having the magazine disconnect feature can be a detriment. I've been shooting for a long time, and even I recognize that I've unintentionally dropped a magazine from my pistol during sloppy reloads, or even with support-handed shooting manipulation practice, etc.

Idiot labels won't get you hurt in a worst-case scenario, but losing that magazine from whatever reason, can.
Take some soap water and 1600 grit sandpaper and Wallah it's gone. Put some blue finish and you done.
 
Take some soap water and 1600 grit sandpaper and Wallah it's gone. Put some blue finish and you done.

The process hardens the metal and if when you cold blue you'll still see the lettering.

A gun with that warning is too ugly for me to own which is too bad because I kind like the rest of it.
 
The process hardens the metal and if when you cold blue you'll still see the lettering.

A gun with that warning is too ugly for me to own which is too bad because I kind like the rest of it.
But, does it shoot?
 
I’ll never know!
If I could afford it I would. I saw a comment I think on the first page of this thread (where it should have ended imo) about how, when shooting you arent looking at the slide. If it shoots and functions well to your needs, buy it
 
the vast majority of IWB holsters do no cover the mag release. Not sure why, Ive always thought it was weird but it's true.
Huh?!? EVERY single holster I’ve owned covers the mag release. I’ve owned 50+ holsters over the last 10-15 years
 
Huh?!? EVERY single holster I’ve owned covers the mag release. I’ve owned 50+ holsters over the last 10-15 years
Hm, just realized that mine doesn’t as well.

I don’t think my soft belly would release the mag though. Would have to have more force applied.

image.webp
 
If I could afford it I would. I saw a comment I think on the first page of this thread (where it should have ended imo) about how, when shooting you arent looking at the slide. If it shoots and functions well to your needs, buy it

Soon as you look at it in your hand you vomit from how ugly the markings are, bad guy defeats you while you're vomiting.
 
Back
Top Bottom