18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

I'm not sure i understand the 30 day rule...

mountain_yokai

Active member
Messages
87
So you can buy three guns within a 30-day. Right? That's kind of rhetorical there because I did buy three guns in a 30-day period...

That being said, when does my new 30-day window/get out of buyer's jail time, start? Is it 30 days from when I picked up my first gun, or is it 30 days from when the DROS was done?

The reason I ask is my background got kicked back today saying I was inside the 30-day window... But I was told the 30-day window is from when you DROS your first gun within that window...or is it from the last purchase within the window?
 
It’s a rolling 30 days, so if you’ve submitted 3 DROSes within a 30-day period, you’re supposed to be able to submit a new DROS 30 days after the first of those three was submitted, meaning 30 full 24-hr periods have elapsed, and so on.
 
It’s a rolling 30 days, so if you’ve submitted 3 DROSes within a 30-day period, you’re supposed to be able to submit a new DROS 30 days after the first of those three was submitted, meaning 30 full 24-hr periods have elapsed, and so on.

I'll double check my paperwork...thank you
 
Back
Top Bottom