18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is the P320 market dead?

I didn't lose money on my Sig P320 sell, as I sold it like exactly a week before the discharges got really picked up by the gun community across the nation.

That being said, I still wouldn't mind owning a Sig P320 at a price where it closely matches the number of the model.
 
I didn't lose money on my Sig P320 sell, as I sold it like exactly a week before the discharges got really picked up by the gun community across the nation.

That being said, I still wouldn't mind owning a Sig P320 at a price where it closely matches the number of the model.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-07-14 8.34.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2025-07-14 8.34.47 AM.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 8
With the latest FBI report being shared around about the p320 I have being a lot of discussion about people selling off/not being able to sell off their p320, and overall uncertainty about the platform.

Do you think the market has gone soft for the p320? I got a custom works p320 scorpion and can’t help but to wonder.

What do y’all think?
I know I won’t be buying any more P320 related items. I see a TON of accessories being sold on arfcom marketplace at great prices but at this point I don’t see myself spending money even on accessories for my X5.

No point on trying to sell it. I doubt I’ll get good money for it anyways.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 6
It's like this. You can carry a 1911 without the safety on. It might not go off. For most people, it probably won't. But, it will happen to some. Do you want to be that guy? Not me. Traded it in at a loss, picked up an M&P Compact 2.0. And from what I can tell, it's a superior weapon. And I'm a SIG guy. :/
If you got the manual safety M&P 2.0 model, the safety blocks the sear, like a proper safety should.
 
Update: my 2 year old M18 continues to perform flawlessly.

Carried daily as my CCW, it is cleaned and inspected, function tested every week and has a comfy ride in a Safariland retention holster. Only goes bang when I ask it to, roughly 2500 down the pipe now. Never thrown or dropped or used to hammer nails.
 
SIG has an entire page about P320 so claimed issues. If you haven't dug into it, do so;
https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-truth The video "5 Steps to Fire" is telling.
Read the FBI report in its entirety, no "there" there.
Lastly, know Michigan State Patrol just bought new P320's & P365s to replace the fleet of guns they retired.
 
My take here is why would I take the chance when there are so many other options out there. Sig has the modularity feature but, for me that isn’t a feature I’d use. I’d rather have a compact and a full size not having to switch FCUs.

I didn’t know about Glock having issues in the past, they very well may have had some….but they aren’t having them now. If the Glock ergos really bother you there is Walther and Hk and S&W and SA…
 
I'll stick with my P226 MK25. It's a great gun that is, IMO, just as good as my 92FS.

I don't think I would even take a 320 for free at this point. I am glad that the people who do own one, generally love them. But me personally I just have no interest after these stories just keep happening.
 
This is going to be bad. He unhooked the QLS, and placed the pistol on the desk with the barrel facing him. I don't think there is any possible way for any of his fingers to get inside that holster from that angle.
 
This is going to be bad. He unhooked the QLS, and placed the pistol on the desk with the barrel facing him. I don't think there is any possible way for any of his fingers to get inside that holster from that angle.
Sig just said his finger grew and he inserted them into the holster which cause it to fire.

since there is a market for Sig still, I think I'm going to sell X5 and pickup a PDP
 
I had a dude recently ask me to buy his 320 and asked what I would pay for it. I said 150 bucks. He balked but I explained that it would be a curiosity for me that would live unloaded in my tool chest and be used occasionally with a suppressor. I said it had no market value because I couldn't honestly sell it to someone and say it was a good gun when I didn't believe it myself.

I think he is still sitting on that gun, mildly desperate to get rid of it.
 
This has happened before in the early days to a company called Glock, almost a mirror of what is happening today.

Guns going off by themselves. In the holster, out of the holster, sitting on a table by itself, inside the locker, in the middle of the desert.
Glock leg was cause by bad training techniques, not by cheap parts out of spec, outsourced materials, and plain ol greed.
 
Back
Top Bottom