18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is the P320 market dead?

Well, looks like more fuel was added to the blazing fire

RIP to the person
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2626.png
    IMG_2626.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2625.png
    IMG_2625.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 17
Owning a p320 these days is like having a super hot wife that cheats on you. Sure it’s nice, but you know you can’t trust it in the long run
 
Glock leg was cause by bad training techniques, not by cheap parts out of spec, outsourced materials, and plain ol greed.
Glock leg was also caused by cheap parts and outsourced materials and plain old greed - not on any part of the gun, but by bad holsters. Further, not just by bad holsters, but even good holsters that simply failed out of normal wear and tear.

On the operator side, it was not only caused by bad training techniques, but also by complete lack of adequate training and mistakes by even those with plenty of experience.

Many things.

Is the SIG P320 Market dead? To me, it's asleep, slowed down, definitely not dead. For all the mass hysteria, nobody seems to be selling them outside of what is normal for ANY pistol. And of the few that are, some of them are priced even higher than one could buy BRAND NEW, lol.

There is no one selling P320's to truly reflect the hysterical public reaction. I've been looking, you just can't find a P320 even for $400 (which is about 40% below its brand new price), not in California, and hardly elsewhere. You can try to sell your P320 for $400 and it will get snatched up instantly. That's not a dead market.

Of the tens of thousands of P320's out there, one would think that a self-detonating gun's value would tank to levels where are practically given away. But that's not what's happening.
 
Last edited:
We should wait till the investigation concludes.
I’ve always liked Sig products, and have owned quite a few over the years.

I hope that this “issue” is debunked through legit testing/ investigation or they they bite the bullet and come out with a permanent fix if it is proven to be a design flaw.

I’m on the fence, because the hyperbole of the internet vs the amount of reported unintentional discharges.

I’m not going to even consider a P320 product though until this issue is completely addressed and resolved.
 
If SIG was smart…they’d offer an exchange or upgrade program for the P320 platform. A P226 x5 legion, here’s my $.
that would require them to acknowledge there was something wrong with the 320. right now that would be incredibly stupid for them to do. the only thing they can do at this point is keep ignoring the situation. its too late for a quiet recall and any acknowledgement of problems will cost them in court. if they continue to ignore the issues with the 320 they might get lucky, win a few of the lawsuits they are facing, and keep a few military/ LEO contracts.
 
I’m in for a P320 for $320 and not a penny more. Would be a neat range toy PDW in a SMC Bravo chassis.
 
that would require them to acknowledge there was something wrong with the 320. right now that would be incredibly stupid for them to do. the only thing they can do at this point is keep ignoring the situation. its too late for a quiet recall and any acknowledgement of problems will cost them in court. if they continue to ignore the issues with the 320 they might get lucky, win a few of the lawsuits they are facing, and keep a few military/ LEO contracts.
IANAL but I seem to recall manufacturers have legal protection whenever they fix a known safety defect. To not would inhibit those efforts that benefit owners, and I agree with that reasoning. Market perception is a whole other ball game.
 
I'll play a little Devil's Advocate in this thread with my personal Real World experience.

I've owned 3 P320's, a real M17, X-Five Legion and AXG Legion and have about 5k rounds through all of them together.

These are great shooting pistols and I've never had 1 issue at all with any of them. Although they have only been range guns, I have never "holstered" any of them.

I put the empty open action pistol on the bench, loaded a mag, shoot it and then put the empty open action pistol right back on the bench.

I'm not trying to discrediting or diminish any of the issues at all just giving my $.02 cents that I love my P320 X-Five Legion and will be keeping it and "SAFELY" enjoying it shooting it myself.

To each his own but with how I use this pistol, I don't think I will have any issues in the future. (if I do, I'll jump on the Hate wagon, but if not, I'm happy to own this pistol)

Matt
 
"
If I remember correctly, all the alleged "uncommand discharge" from Glock was later proved that the trigger were pulled by the user. It is physically impossible to discharge a Glock without trigger bar movement since the striker is "🐓ed" by trigger movement. With a round in the chamber, Glock striker does not have enough energy to ignite the primer if falling off the sear.

The "pins" were due to the plastic frame cracking when moving from 9mm to 40 using the same 9mm frame.

Slam fires were due to the striker getting stuck (cleanness comes to question). Striker sleeves were added.

Extraction/feeding were issues with the extractor. Kaboom due to case support is questionable due to the ammo source, new, reload, etc. For a while there where this Glock smile thing going around. But as long as the ammo were factory new, there weren't real problems.

Glock never had the same issue that is now facing SIG P320."


does it matter? I don't think the point was "Glock had the same issue". Nobody claimed it, I think. The point was "Glock had an issue and the only reason nobody remembers it it was before the internet. And yes - they handled it better"
 
Is this real?
and of course they will be this guy”my p320 had function flawlessly for over 30k round, I trust my life with it” Even single situation…..cars trucks tractor tools even marriage…..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6923.jpeg
    IMG_6923.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom