18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is there anything more frustrating than Calguns??

It’s not that bad. If I can’t get on I can’t get on. I had turned on email notifications for PMs so I know when I get a message. Everyone knows it’s hit and miss so slow responses are understood. Heart rate remains unchanged when I see 504 error.


It working this very second if you want to get on lol.
 
Calguns sucks for communicating effectively. But I did sell a '51 Tula SKS ($1100 delivered Fresno), a '70 Albanian SKS ($950 Portland), both for top dollar, and picked up a very sweet Hakim (local PPT, a push with one of the SKS I sold, more or less with ammo) on Calguns within the last 8 months. Which make at least 50 transactions since 2010. With Kes finally out of his funk, maybe there's a chance. If it doesn't get worse that will be positive. PAX
 
How does that make any difference. Kali is huge, if something is a good buy but far away, you still have to ship. Might as well be in Batone Rouge. PAX
Nobody is shipping a off roster gun from LA to SF or visa versa. I sure am not driving twice to LA for anything. Makes a huge difference.
 
I continue to try getting onto CalGuns. I’m successful about 5% of the time.

And recently Kes has come back to CalGuns. Apparently he’s had some family issues to deal with.
 
I'm on several forum marketplace.

Even Calguns, yea they banned and deleted S.O.A.R./ CheapBloke off Calguns, but that didn't stop me from making another account and having it approved.

I'm on reddit mainly, for trades that doesn't require ffl. My numbers on Arfcom is getting higher and more steadily on it than here.

I did manage to score some good buys on here, but lately it's been on elsewhere.

The marketplace was really something else (in a good way) on here at start. When you could threadcrap in a way of emojis on listings, but that went away.

Most of listings search on here is annoying to navigate as a default, it shows sold and closed items within available items. Gotta keep changing filters per every search. By default they should not be shown, and users should have to filter to see them (like ebay, another platform I trade on.)

Despite what I may have stated in past. It's good to have options, whether good, bad, or ugly, it helps to filters out who and where to buy from.
 
You guys still try to log in to CalGuns? That's dedication
Honestly for the past month, everytime I opened my Calguns site, it always loaded. Maybe my login times are not normal hours like most of population, but it has been gtg 99% of the time for me for the past month or so. There is also a newest approved member that isn't drewdrew or something.

The message system is still slow, but if you wait a good minute after hitting send, it'll go through.
 
Gave up on calguns last yr. When it crashed for the idk 30k time I post my guns here to sell now. At least the site is clean and reliable. Not many F-tards yet either which is a huge plus.
 
Losing the itrader system too. Some users had 600+ positive ratings. Very lame.
I had a 156 itrader rating at 100% almost 2800 posts not a lot but.... before they deleted half like others to make room for what still runs slower than poop a lot of members had many more then myself members were pissed when this happened things went south fast after that.
 
Nobody is shipping a off roster gun from LA to SF or visa versa. I sure am not driving twice to LA for anything. Makes a huge difference.
So, if it's off roster and nobody ships, what's the point? You know they won't ship and you're not driving 600 miles twice to begin with. PAX
 
Oh, they got steel frames too!
My last "real" compact was a S&W K-Frame Snubbie from the 60's, .38spl.
I sold it to thin the herd, just to step onto a Lady Smith Mod 65 w/ 3" bbl and .357
She looks like this, yes has a Clinton hole. So what? The trigger is cream puff.View attachment 80509
I shot a 65 ladysmith in a snubbie match long ago. They are really sweet. There's a reason everyone loves the K frame.
My join date of the old place is also long ago. It's a struggle to get on there, neglect has been a problem. I paid to join and support about as soon as it was offered, never expecting this to happen. I've never seen a site have the same issues. Disappointing.
It's not as frustrating as the political situation in California though.
 
Back
Top Bottom