18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Is there anything more frustrating than Calguns??

"Prepper level disaster" Probably means EMP and or no Internet.....for a very long time or forever. I love YouTube, I learn a lot from it but, the Internet is super fragile as are all of our electronics based on MOSFET discreet components, most people don't get that.”
In that instance, changing a tire will be the least of anyone’s problem.

Most of the kids around my neck of the woods are heavy into off-road, MX, and outdoor life. I’m sure they are more dialed in than boomers give them credit for. Plus they don’t over eat, they don’t drink, and they don’t smoke. From where I see things, they are light years ahead of previous generations.
 
There is some truth to this. But the current generation just watches a YouTube video to figure things out.
The problem is the lack of perception, or judgement that goes along with thinking they can do anything they see on YouTube. Combine that with thinking they have the touch developed by a boomer with 50 years of experience in a machine shop. There are times that experience and judgement have value.

Old guy story, from back in the day when ConVAir* was still in San Diego. When I worked there, guys that had been there for a LONG time had lots of stories. They were testing a structural assembly, the old guy walks up, points and says, it's going to fail right there. Young engineer says "no, the numbers say it's good." It failed right were the old guy said it would. *Consolidated Vultee Aircraft moved to San Diego a long time ago, became a division of general Dynamics, skills and employment lost to Ca now. They finished an airplane every hour out of San Diego during WW2 peak, so I was told.
 
The problem is the lack of perception, or judgement that goes along with thinking they can do anything they see on YouTube. Combine that with thinking they have the touch developed by a boomer with 50 years of experience in a machine shop. There are times that experience and judgement have value.

Old guy story, from back in the day when ConVAir* was still in San Diego. When I worked there, guys that had been there for a LONG time had lots of stories. They were testing a structural assembly, the old guy walks up, points and says, it's going to fail right there. Young engineer says "no, the numbers say it's good." It failed right were the old guy said it would. *Consolidated Vultee Aircraft moved to San Diego a long time ago, became a division of general Dynamics, skills and employment lost to Ca now. They finished an airplane every hour out of San Diego during WW2 peak, so I was told.
You work on the QF-106A? Or be still my heart, were you involved with the B-58 Hustler?
 
The problem is the lack of perception, or judgement that goes along with thinking they can do anything they see on YouTube. Combine that with thinking they have the touch developed by a boomer with 50 years of experience in a machine shop. There are times that experience and judgement have value.

Old guy story, from back in the day when ConVAir* was still in San Diego. When I worked there, guys that had been there for a LONG time had lots of stories. They were testing a structural assembly, the old guy walks up, points and says, it's going to fail right there. Young engineer says "no, the numbers say it's good." It failed right were the old guy said it would. *Consolidated Vultee Aircraft moved to San Diego a long time ago, became a division of general Dynamics, skills and employment lost to Ca now. They finished an airplane every hour out of San Diego during WW2 peak, so I was told.
Watching a how to change a tire video on YouTube is not like moving mountains gents.

Yes, experience goes a long way at times. I’m just poking fun at boomers. Don’t take it personal folks. Them just jokes.
 
In that instance, changing a tire will be the least of anyone’s problem.

Most of the kids around my neck of the woods are heavy into off-road, MX, and outdoor life. I’m sure they are more dialed in than boomers give them credit for. Plus they don’t over eat, they don’t drink, and they don’t smoke. From where I see things, they are light years ahead of previous generations.
Each generation has it's virtues and flaws. The current generation would still be smoking tobacco if it weren't for the research and legislation passed by the previous generation. As for being fit, just over 1/3 of young adults between 17-24 y/o are too heavy to serve in the US armed forces. I'm not going to change your mind, you'll do that yourself just like the rest of us have when one day we looked around and said "I'm surrounded by dumbasses".

As for the tire thing and disasters, you're right, most cars will be fried by an EMP and only the savvy people who can figure out how to bypass the electronics and then change the tire will be able to get somewhere without using a bicycle, skateboard or their feet.
 
Each generation has it's virtues and flaws. The current generation would still be smoking tobacco if it weren't for the research and legislation passed by the previous generation. As for being fit, just over 1/3 of young adults between 17-24 y/o are too heavy to serve in the US armed forces. I'm not going to change your mind, you'll do that yourself just like the rest of us have when one day we looked around and said "I'm surrounded by dumbasses".

As for the tire thing and disasters, you're right, most cars will be fried by an EMP and only the savvy people who can figure out how to bypass the electronics and then change the tire will be able to get somewhere without using a bicycle, skateboard or their feet.
Kids in the 4H will ride a horse and tend to their livestock. They won’t be needing a car that runs on fuel or electricity. Lots of them kids around these parts.
 
You work on the QF-106A? Or be still my heart, were you involved with the B-58 Hustler?
I worked with guys that worked on those. I worked on hard parts (not all at GD), lots of Tomahawk, advanced cruise, advanced tactical fighter that became the F22, F16, MX missile, C130, 727, and others over the years. I got a quick walk through the shop at Pratt & Whitney where they were rebuilding the engines for the Blackbird, very impressive engines. Started off sweeping the floor in a machine shop in the middle 1970's, and pushing a file - making reloading equipment. Started my own shop 1990.
I was actually able to log on to the old site today! Last 30-40 times it 504'd.
 
My Theory is that after the election, Joe Biden took over Calguns as the Site Admin.
That would actually explain a lot. Old SFB’s has been less than worthless his whole pathetic life. His offspring is an indication of that fact.
 
Emojis exist on calguns as of late. I put laughing emoji on perpride ads on calguns.

My opinion - this site attracts younger crowd. It requires more tech knowledge to use the site to fullest compared to calguns. Many older folks, boomers, etc., may not like this layout to the more simpler on calguns.

( I recently made a ebay sell in-person to an older person. He talked about calguns, I suggested caguns. He claimed he made an account, but it was confusing to him so he stays on calguns. )

He did say calguns been frustrating him lately due to unable to login/connect, but his other avenues were armslist and gunbroker ( i guess the tech/ layout of those 2 sites are easier for him than caguns too.)
Emojis have existed on CalGuns for a hot minute, but not in the capacity they do here. For a while (I haven’t tried it lately) every time you’d say crap, you’d get it replaced with the 💩 emoji, and like I said, to me that came off as someone trying to be funny but instead just looking like a Gen A kindergartener. I’m not saying I can’t navigate this site, it’s pretty easy, I’m simply saying that on mobile at least, there seems to be a lot more clicking than there needs to be to get to certain areas. I’m a Zoomer, my generation is the first truly full online generation, so it stands to reason some of the older generations are going to be less tech savvy and like the 90’s CG look better. Just my .02.
 
I worked with guys that worked on those. I worked on hard parts (not all at GD), lots of Tomahawk, advanced cruise, advanced tactical fighter that became the F22, F16, MX missile, C130, 727, and others over the years. I got a quick walk through the shop at Pratt & Whitney where they were rebuilding the engines for the Blackbird, very impressive engines. Started off sweeping the floor in a machine shop in the middle 1970's, and pushing a file - making reloading equipment. Started my own shop 1990.
I was actually able to log on to the old site today! Last 30-40 times it 504'd.
Ahhh, you were there after they were acquired by General Dynamics, I thought you might have been a super old timer! Yeah, the Blackbird engine, the J58 was one of the most amazing aircraft engines ever. Hell, the afterburner was designed to run continuously at what, 3200 F? Amazing stuff that old guys designed and built.
 
Kids in the 4H will ride a horse and tend to their livestock. They won’t be needing a car that runs on fuel or electricity. Lots of them kids around these parts.

4H and FFA are great programs. relatively few participants as a total of the population. At least they will only be kicked back to the 1800's. Hoped they learned how to grow feed for the horses.
 
Emojis have existed on CalGuns for a hot minute, but not in the capacity they do here. For a while (I haven’t tried it lately) every time you’d say crap, you’d get it replaced with the 💩 emoji, and like I said, to me that came off as someone trying to be funny but instead just looking like a Gen A kindergartener. I’m not saying I can’t navigate this site, it’s pretty easy, I’m simply saying that on mobile at least, there seems to be a lot more clicking than there needs to be to get to certain areas. I’m a Zoomer, my generation is the first truly full online generation, so it stands to reason some of the older generations are going to be less tech savvy and like the 90’s CG look better. Just my .02.

On Calguns if you used any swear word, it would get replaced with ******, i figured it would be more fun to use emojis AND allow you to turn it off if you didn't want to. There should be a number of shortcuts available in the bottom menu on mobile with direct access to just about everything important.

Forums, Classifieds, Mailbox, and Search with main page opening to the main set. There is a bit of clicking when you want to start drilling down to specific things though because it starts to narrow down.

If you have suggestions to tighten up the navigation, make a post in the Site Feedback section. I'm all ears.
 
4H and FFA are great programs. relatively few participants as a total of the population. At least they will only be kicked back to the 1800's. Hoped they learned how to grow feed for the horses.
Growing feed will be a lot easier than refining oil.

Most of the population will parish not long after our current infrastructure collapses in your end of days dystopia, for a plethora of reasons.
 
Holy Crap, Just tried Calguns.net (as of 9:05pm Saturday 8/2/2025), it's UP (for now) AND FAST, maybe I'm the only one on it, LOL
 
Its frustrating when dirty women charge more that $20 to fry up a banana and give me the old Licky Licky.
 
Growing feed will be a lot easier than refining oil.

Most of the population will parish not long after our current infrastructure collapses in your end of days dystopia, for a plethora of reasons.
You make chaos sound like its not going to be fun. Bullets become currency, guns become law and every man becomes his best inner savage. Or he gets raped and eaten alive. Cant say id rape anyone but im damn sure eating me some people. Hell yeah with Chic-fil-a honey raosted BBQ sauce!
 
Back
Top Bottom