18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Is there interest in .300 Savage Salvaged Brass (Will pull bullets if interested)

mehl5

Member+
2A
2026
Messages
7
Hi everyone,

I have a fairly large batch of home-reloaded .300 Savage ammo that was originally put together for a Remington 700. Since I am in California and have no use for them anymore, I want to see if there is a market here for the salvaged components.

To be absolutely clear: I am not selling or transferring live ammunition.

If there is genuine interest, I plan to buy a kinetic puller and disassemble the rounds myself. I would be offering the components for sale strictly as:

  • Once-fired .300 Savage Brass (Uncleaned, but will still have the live primers intact).
  • Loose .30-caliber projectiles (Pulled cleanly, undamaged).
Before I spend the time and buy the tool to break these down, is there much of a market for .300 Savage brass among the reloaders here? What would be a fair per-piece price to ask for uncleaned, primed .300 Savage brass in today's market?

Please let me know if there is a feasible market for this or interested (shipped once it's completely disassembled into legal components), please let me know!

Thanks in advance for the advice.
 
Hi Jayson, Murrieta is fairly close. Thanks for the 'hello'. I'm new to shooting as a hobby, just inherited a few small guns and wanting to learn more and get experience. One of the rifles i received is a remington 700 which calibers a 300 savage bullet. My father-in-law was a reloader and the only ammo i have for that rifle is what he reloaded but there is a ton of it and being new to shooting i wasn't sure i wanted to take a chance on the reloads, though they look pristine. That is the genesis of my original post. I already had to "let go" of a ton of other guns of his and probably 50,000 rounds of ammo and didn't get to salvage any of that so not wanting to simply trash the little i have left.

Thanks again for your note.
 
Hi Jayson, Murrieta is fairly close. Thanks for the 'hello'. I'm new to shooting as a hobby, just inherited a few small guns and wanting to learn more and get experience. One of the rifles i received is a remington 700 which calibers a 300 savage bullet. My father-in-law was a reloader and the only ammo i have for that rifle is what he reloaded but there is a ton of it and being new to shooting i wasn't sure i wanted to take a chance on the reloads, though they look pristine. That is the genesis of my original post. I already had to "let go" of a ton of other guns of his and probably 50,000 rounds of ammo and didn't get to salvage any of that so not wanting to simply trash the little i have left.

Thanks again for your note.
Best of luck with all of that! I have (9) loose factory rounds up for sale, but that's all I have for .300 SAV: wish I could help more.

I actually work in San Marcos 3 days a week, off off Mission, so I'm in your area a lot; if you ever need anything, let me know!
 
Thank E1 - that is good advice. Need to summon up the guts to just go to the range on my own and look like a dummy for a while until i figure things out!
 
Thank E1 - that is good advice. Need to summon up the guts to just go to the range on my own and look like a dummy for a while until i figure things out!
I've been looking for an excuse to go shooting again. Iron Sights isn't far from you... PM if you would like to set something up.
 
Back
Top Bottom