18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

It's Glocktober, so I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that Glocks suck

I don't really understand the point you are trying to make here.

What criticism are you making? The Glock is a very viable competition handgun, the results on this clearly show that. Nobody is held back by using a Glock instead of a CZ Shadow. Maybe some of these "higher end" guns hide skills gaps at C/B levels, but at the top tier there is no room to hide. Some people have preference for one over the other. Some people have bought a 💩 ton of mags and holsters for one system and just do not want to switch to a new system. Some people like to drop $3k on a Staccato or Shadow 2 and then $50 a magazine and that's what it takes for them to feel ready to compete. It's not necessary.
3k is nothing for a sport to drop so who cares? Handguns are cheap overall. Not like you're going out and buying a Ducati V4R then dropping another 15k on suspension. That's a cool thing about the hobby, you only have to spend a little more money to go from C tier to relatively high end and they last forever. We probably spent that just on gas and hotels for one round at COTA (4 days essentially) in the 2024 season lol
 
3k is nothing for a sport to drop so who cares? Handguns are cheap overall. Not like you're going out and buying a Ducati V4R then dropping another 15k on suspension. That's a cool thing about the hobby, you only have to spend a little more money to go from C tier to relatively high end and they last forever. We probably spent that just on gas and hotels for one round at COTA (4 days essentially) in the 2024 season lol
Why do you keep talking about motorcycles? We are talking USPSA here. You are all over the place my man.

Glock is not “C tier” in Carry Optics. It’s just not true. Start competing with your Walther PDP and expand your horizons.
 
Why do you keep talking about motorcycles? We are talking USPSA here. You are all over the place my man.

Glock is not “C tier” in Carry Optics. It’s just not true. Start competing with your Walther PDP and expand your horizons.
I didn't know the value of money changed per activity haha

Glock fanboys going crazy. All that work to not even get paid. It's a great hobby though

That would be fun, wouldn't mind trying it out after the P226 and VP9L. M9 too lol
 
I don't really understand the point you are trying to make here.

What criticism are you making? The Glock is a very viable competition handgun, the results on this clearly show that. Nobody is held back by using a Glock instead of a CZ Shadow. Maybe some of these "higher end" guns hide skills gaps at C/B levels, but at the top tier there is no room to hide. Some people have preference for one over the other. Some people have bought a 💩 ton of mags and holsters for one system and just do not want to switch to a new system. Some people like to drop $3k on a Staccato or Shadow 2 and then $50 a magazine and that's what it takes for them to feel ready to compete. It's not necessary.
Gossiping No Way GIF by Laff


Spicy.
 
Ammo gonna get your ass. cheap 🤣
Ammo is the biggest cost and especially rifle rounds not cheap but still way cheaper for me than racing. $500 slicks last like 21 laps, I’m not shooting $500 worth of ammo in 20 min lol.

The gun is also way cheaper. I can have a bad crash and set $30k on fire in a few seconds plus whatever medical could happen to me. And needs fluids and motor builds and suspension work etc constantly. The gun you buy it and it’s good to go for a long time. Heck you can pickup a whole Glock cheaper than a set of slicks and some race gas haha
 
Ammo is the biggest cost and especially rifle rounds not cheap but still way cheaper for me than racing. $500 slicks last like 21 laps, I’m not shooting $500 worth of ammo in 20 min lol.

The gun is also way cheaper. I can have a bad crash and set $30k on fire in a few seconds plus whatever medical could happen to me. And needs fluids and motor builds and suspension work etc constantly. The gun you buy it and it’s good to go for a long time. Heck you can pickup a whole Glock cheaper than a set of slicks and some race gas haha
true. but I don’t strap myself to a fuel tank and challenge other psychos to a game of “i’m faster” 🤣
 
This guy is insufferable. Next were gonna have redbull air racing pilots talking down on this guy's cheap motorcycle racing hobby.

All that money and no zermatt waltz 9 GTFOH.
 
Last edited:
This guy is insufferable. Next were gonna have redbull air racing pilots talking down on this guy's cheap motorcycle racing hobby.

All that money and no zermatt waltz 9 GTFOH.
lol at least in motoamerica and other pro motorcycle racing you get paid a purse and can get paying sponsors. Downside is how expensive it is. But sure car racing and airplanes are even crazier. Kinda missing the point though about guns being affordable. I’m definitely not rich, I wouldn’t have made it nearly that far in racing without great support, sponsorships, team etc.

I didn’t know that there’s no money in pro shooting until recently when a guy on here told me how it works.
That’s why I like the idea of competition shooting. I can just pay $35 and show up and do it. I don’t have to worry about fans, sponsorships, team logistics, or danger to myself. Etc.

@RustVendor man you’re right, if you don’t worship Glock or you say you prefer better features they GO OFF on you haha
 
true. but I don’t strap myself to a fuel tank and challenge other psychos to a game of “i’m faster” 🤣
Yeah don’t blame you on that. I’m starting to face my own mortality too at 33. Maybe next year is it. lol.
 
😅
That is @Gawernator for you... :rolleyes: 😅


That said, not exactly Red Bull... But,

C’mon bro just get the Glock bro please bro you don’t have to spend more than $400 on your handgun bro
You don’t need a great grip or ergo or aesthetics bro just buy aftermarket trigger bro IMG_0499.webp
 
C’mon bro just get the Glock bro please bro you don’t have to spend more than $400 on your handgun bro
You don’t need a great grip or ergo or aesthetics bro just buy aftermarket trigger bro

What??? Bro!!! 😂
I thought you knew me better than that by now! I'm primarily a Glock guy, running stock internals and good ol' factory ammo. Nothing fancy here! LOL.
 
Last edited:
What??? Bro!!! 😂
I thought you knew me better than that by now! I'm primarily a Glock guy, running stock internals and good ol' factory ammo. Nothing fancy here! LOL.

It’s a meme. Obviously I don’t care what anyone uses do what makes you happy

But the enlightened will find the PDP jajaja
 
I do kind of hate Glocks. Mostly because it’s cheap and basic and shoots so damn true.

I switched to Glock for a bit after P320’s got banned but that grip angle is just too aggressive for me.

Then switched to M&P but now I’m just going back to my P320. It’s just such a great pistol for me and I’m still having a hard time getting the M&P grip to work for me.

Also, like the ergos of the CZ (Shadow, SP-01). Might try out the P10C when it hits shelves.

Still, I do think a Glock is the one pistol everyone should own. I’m parting with 4 but keeping 4 as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom