18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Just paid for an M&P 2.0 full sized aluminum and Bodyguard carry comp. Which optics

Took them both out to the national forest to go do some shooting. went well. Only issue was a few that failed to chamber fully on the bodyguard. Reracking the slide fixed it. Might just need to break in a little more. Accuracy was good with stock sights. At 10 yards and rapid fire, grouping was still within about 4 inches. Hitting an 8x8 metal target at 35 yards was more difficult, but was able to do it about 40-50% of the time. Shot about 200 rounds through it between my girlfriend and I

The full sized M&P metal was nice to shoot. Doesn't kick hard. Probably because the weight and being full sized it is easier to hold. Threw on a cheap red dot sight that I already had to test it out. Just basic adjustment to get it close. Was easier to hit the targets. Especially at distance. Is somewhat similar to my G19 with a comp, but better trigger and overall feels nicer.

I also tried out a little bit of the lightweight 50 grain liberty civil defense stuff that travels super fast. Shot it in my Sig P365 that I CCW. Was louder then the stuff I normally use, Hornady American Gunner +P, Seemed accurate. I also tried out two boxes of the Underwood extreme defender in 68 grain. That one was hitting low left. Would need to adjust my red dot if I switch to that. I am considering it because it does very well in the 380 that the bodyguard uses. Actually does well in all calibers that I can tell based on the videos.
 
Back
Top Bottom