18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Kimber 2K11 to hit roster in next 48-72 Hours

Looking forward to more reviews of these Kimbers and head to head with the P211.

I'm not interested in a comp, and not interested in the 4 inch commander models.

So for me it's the Coyote target vs the GT5. Who wins this battle?
who has cheaper mags?
 
Looking forward to more reviews of these Kimbers and head to head with the P211.

I'm not interested in a comp, and not interested in the 4 inch commander models.

So for me it's the Coyote target vs the GT5. Who wins this battle?
They aren't gonna shoot that different just have different features. Just depends on what features you care about
 
If it's p320 vs 2011 mags then 320 mags should be cheaper and by a good bit
I know I'm leaning 211 since I have a ton of 320 mags
Hoping to shoot both possibly at the R66 event if they're available to make up my mind for sure
The mags these days are a toss up now that mecgar and perfect zero have mags under 50$. if you want max cap 140mm mags you are gonna spend 90 bucks no matter who makes it for basepads and followers
 
If it's p320 vs 2011 mags then 320 mags should be cheaper and by a good bit
I know I'm leaning 211 since I have a ton of 320 mags
Hoping to shoot both possibly at the R66 event if they're available to make up my mind for sure
Let us know what you think. Nowhere up here in nor cal I’m aware of to shoot em.
 
If it's p320 vs 2011 mags then 320 mags should be cheaper and by a good bit
I know I'm leaning 211 since I have a ton of 320 mags
Hoping to shoot both possibly at the R66 event if they're available to make up my mind for sure
The 2K11 takes Glock mags.

Edit: I lied. It doesn’t take Glock mags 😢
 
Last edited:
who has cheaper mags?
P320 mags are definitely cheaper, especially if you already have a bunch.

The 2K11 uses 2011-pattern mags. The factory Kimber mags are made by Check-Mate, and Kimber offers 10, 17, 20 and extended capacities. The Kimber-branded ones aren't cheap, like $60 for a 10-Rd.

There are cheaper options in the $40-$45 range. Check-Mate mags work, obviously, and people are successfully running Springfield Prodigy, Staccato and Atlas mags in the 2K11. The Prodigy 10-rounder is also reportedly made by Check-Mate. MBX has some 2k11 mags but I've heard there have been grip/magwell fitment issues with some 2k11 models.
 
Fair price, but this seems to be the first gen 2k11. I think humble marksman had a comparison of the first and latest gen. Differences are slide finish, thumb safety blending, mjd vs composite grip, and trigger guard shape I believe.
I know the thumb safety was upated but that MJD grip is far better than what's on the california models. I would switch out to an atlas safety anyway it's a much batter angle and a bigger shelf
 
Anyone in the sac area, Roseville Turners has them in stock and on display. I went and saw them today, not sure how many of each they have on hand but they have all 4 models on display.
 
Anyone in the sac area, Roseville Turners has them in stock and on display. I went and saw them today, not sure how many of each they have on hand but they have all 4 models on display.
Yeah but be warned, they will not let you touch them at all.
 
Last edited:
My range has a GT5, i’m going to shoot it and my shadow 2 back to back and see if the cost difference is worth it. Otherswise more berettas and 1911’s.
 
Anyone in the sac area, Roseville Turners has them in stock and on display. I went and saw them today, not sure how many of each they have on hand but they have all 4 models on display.
Yup, they've had them for quite awhile. I know one of the guys that works there and he still couldn't let me check them out. Gotta be corporate. He said as far as he knew Turners would essentially just be selling them at MSRP, so who knows what pricing will look like from them.
 
Yup, they've had them for quite awhile. I know one of the guys that works there and he still couldn't let me check them out. Gotta be corporate. He said as far as he knew Turners would essentially just be selling them at MSRP, so who knows what pricing will look like from them.
It's not a Turner's corporate policy. Any LGS cannot legally have you handle an off roster firearm unless it is in consignment or a SSE.
 
It's not a Turner's corporate policy. Any LGS cannot legally have you handle an off roster firearm unless it is in consignment or a SSE.
Seen this before and it isn’t true. There is no law against simply handling an off roster gun. If you disagree, then cite the law.
 
Seen this before and it isn’t true. There is no law against simply handling an off roster gun. If you disagree, then cite the law.

I believe it's the "exposes for sale" portion of this:​


PENAL CODE
SECTION 32000-32030




32000. (a) Commencing January 1, 2001, any person in this state who
manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state
for sale, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, gives, or lends
any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county
jail not exceeding one year
 

I believe it's the "exposes for sale" portion of this:​


PENAL CODE
SECTION 32000-32030




32000. (a) Commencing January 1, 2001, any person in this state who
manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state
for sale, keeps for sale, offers or exposes for sale, gives, or lends
any unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county
jail not exceeding one year
It’s not expressly illegal but it’s a conservative view taken by the store. And they have nothing to gain only to lose so it makes sense
 
Back
Top Bottom