18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Kimber 2K11 to hit roster in next 48-72 Hours

It’s not expressly illegal but it’s a conservative view taken by the store. And they have nothing to gain only to lose so it makes sense
I would agree that’s a conservative reading of it and big box stores are always gonna go that route to cover their ass. Never had an issue with a LGS showing off roster stuff though.
 
I would agree that’s a conservative reading of it and big box stores are always gonna go that route to cover their ass. Never had an issue with a LGS showing off roster stuff though.
Same, I've checked out many off rosters from the LGS's. Turners being under extra heat right now will likely be more cautious. They rarely beat LGS prices on stuff anyway, so it's easy to stick with the LGS, but it was nice to be able to at least put some eyeballs 👀 on the 2k11. They look better in person than in pics and videos (IMO).
 
That shows some big time commitment from Kimber. Hopefully the 2k11 is as good as the paid influencers say it is :ROFLMAO:
I hope that they are more reliable than the one I rented at a range the other day. 4 FTF from blazer brass. 3/4 were on the 1st round, 1/4 was last round of the mag. It could have been the mag, the ammo, maybe the gun wasn't lubed properly, or maybe that gun specifically has issues but... definitely not a good first impression.

I do like the gun though besides that. It feels nice and I really like the Kimpro granite finish. It's just 4 failures in 50 rounds is kinda concerning.

I held the P211 at an LGS but haven't shot it yet. I think the SIG feels like more gun because of the extra weight. But I would say that the Kimber has nicer build quality. The slide is smoother, and everything fits together better.

I'm trying to decide between both of them for my next pickup. Right now i'm leaning more towards the P211 just because cheaper mags, heavier gun, cheaper price, full steel build etc. But I won't decide until i shoot both of them.
 
I hope that they are more reliable than the one I rented at a range the other day. 4 FTF from blazer brass. 3/4 were on the 1st round, 1/4 was last round of the mag. It could have been the mag, the ammo, maybe the gun wasn't lubed properly, or maybe that gun specifically has issues but... definitely not a good first impression.

I do like the gun though besides that. It feels nice and I really like the Kimpro granite finish. It's just 4 failures in 50 rounds is kinda concerning.

I held the P211 at an LGS but haven't shot it yet. I think the SIG feels like more gun because of the extra weight. But I would say that the Kimber has nicer build quality. The slide is smoother, and everything fits together better.

I'm trying to decide between both of them for my next pickup. Right now i'm leaning more towards the P211 just because cheaper mags, heavier gun, cheaper price, full steel build etc. But I won't decide until i shoot both of them.
This sounds like a lube problem which is a thing with 2011’s. If I don’t run my Athena wet as hell, it starts stovepiping for example. Where did you rent at?
 
I hope that they are more reliable than the one I rented at a range the other day. 4 FTF from blazer brass. 3/4 were on the 1st round, 1/4 was last round of the mag. It could have been the mag, the ammo, maybe the gun wasn't lubed properly, or maybe that gun specifically has issues but... definitely not a good first impression.

I do like the gun though besides that. It feels nice and I really like the Kimpro granite finish. It's just 4 failures in 50 rounds is kinda concerning.

I held the P211 at an LGS but haven't shot it yet. I think the SIG feels like more gun because of the extra weight. But I would say that the Kimber has nicer build quality. The slide is smoother, and everything fits together better.

I'm trying to decide between both of them for my next pickup. Right now i'm leaning more towards the P211 just because cheaper mags, heavier gun, cheaper price, full steel build etc. But I won't decide until i shoot both of them.
Well, I already have 2011 Mags, and zero 320 Mags, so I'll be going with the 2k11. Hard to say what the issue was, but obviously that level of malfunctions within 50 rounds is concerning, hell that level of malfunctions within 1k rounds would be concerning. 2011's definitely much prefer to be clean and WELL lubricated, similar to the 1911.

Mag price is more a thing of the past now as others have mentioned. Mecgar making 2011 mags for normal mag prices and a couple other places.
 
This sounds like a lube problem which is a thing with 2011’s. If I don’t run my Athena wet as hell, it starts stovepiping for example. Where did you rent at?
Magnum in Rancho (highly recommend that range btw!). They just got it in pretty recently.
 
honestly since they aren't a real 2011 they probably don't have the same issues, they seem to have other issues though like parts just breaking
Are you talking about the MIM parts in the P211? I've been trying to figure that out. It seems like SIG changed quite a bit of components compared to the typical 2011 platform. What parts have been breaking?
 
Are you talking about the MIM parts in the P211? I'm been trying to figure that out. It seems like SIG changed quite a bit of components compared to the typical 2011 platform. What parts have been breaking?
I haven't paid attention that much because it's not a gun I'm super interested in but the big one is firing pins, and I believe they are proprietary so you can't just switch it with a regular 1911 firing pin, the firing pin itself is also held in with a roll pin like a CZ instead of a back plate like a 1911 and the roll pin is prone to breaking if you don't use snap caps to dry fire. Another is that people have cracked the frames because of the series 80 firing pin block being stuck open when they reassemble and the broken frame is not under warranty. There was an issue with the recoil spring cap thingy which was made of plastic but they now make it out of metal. But the biggest weirdest thing is they won't just send the parts you have to send the whole gun in. A regular 1911/2011 has more robust parts that are easily replacable but require tigher tolerances and tuning, but the kimber has at least moved to an external extractor which helps with at least one aspect of that. The kimber has parts that are generally interchangeable with any 2011 so the parts availability and also customization is much better. But there's pluses and minuses to both.
 
Well, I already have 2011 Mags, and zero 320 Mags, so I'll be going with the 2k11. Hard to say what the issue was, but obviously that level of malfunctions within 50 rounds is concerning, hell that level of malfunctions within 1k rounds would be concerning. 2011's definitely much prefer to be clean and WELL lubricated, similar to the 1911.

Mag price is more a thing of the past now as others have mentioned. Mecgar making 2011 mags for normal mag prices and a couple other places.
Dude! I know you like your privacy but I remember when I ran into you at the range right after Freedom Week and you told me you got mags for a bunch of firearms you weren’t sure you’d even buy. You definitely mentioned P320 mags you stored in your garage, along with a many others - including additional 2011 mags. Maybe you just forgot about them.
 
Dude! I know you like your privacy but I remember when I ran into you at the range right after Freedom Week and you told me you got mags for a bunch of firearms you weren’t sure you’d even buy. You definitely mentioned P320 mags you stored in your garage, along with a many others - including additional 2011 mags. Maybe you just forgot about them.
You're probably right, I have many random ammo cans full of these types of mags, so they're probably in there and I simply forgot about them, Apreciate the reminder!
 
Let us know what you think. Nowhere up here in nor cal I’m aware of to shoot em.
Very limited experience, only 5 rounds per mag.
GT5 shot very well and fit my hand well. Heard from a few people that the GT4 has a nicer recoil impulse since it's faster to return on target due to shorter slide. I wasn't able to try it so I can't say
Kimber 5" Comp was nice, but I liked the GT5 better
Kimber 4.25" no comp shot extremely well. I really liked the grip, but they said the grip that was on there would not be the one that came with the CA compliant version. I liked this option a lot, but I think it was more for the grip and how natural it felt, but that would have to be purchased separately
I'm not a competitive shooter so any would just be a range toy for me
I liked the Sig's trigger and overall feel/recoil impulse the most and have a ton of mags so I'm leaning that way
 
Back
Top Bottom