18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Kimber feeding issues

I stripped the slide again and pushed a round in it, I think it is a little too tight. Maybe the extractor came way tighter from the factory and the recoil spring was strong enough to overcome it but now the recoil spring has lost a little tension and cant overcome the extractor?

1000002135.jpg

Im going to tweak the extractor and see what happens. I can always bend it back, right?
 
Hard to say definitively from that pic but you might want to look at the 3 important radii on the extractor claw. I recently had a pistol that had feed issues related to that. After a little light file work it functions 100% now.
 
I stripped the slide again and pushed a round in it, I think it is a little too tight. Maybe the extractor came way tighter from the factory and the recoil spring was strong enough to overcome it but now the recoil spring has lost a little tension and cant overcome the extractor?

View attachment 59859

Im going to tweak the extractor and see what happens. I can always bend it back, right?

You are shooting blindfolded.
That extractor is not even radiused so start there.
Then check the extractor lift.
You can do this with the slide off the pistol by pushing a cartridge into the breechface and measuring the extractor travel.
If there is too much extractor travel, you build up weld on the extractor's stop pad and re-cut the stop for 0.010" travel.
Do these before bending the extractor.
 
Old one has plenty of life left. I’ve replaced some that were nearly 3/4” compressed and functioned fine. I still think the extractor is the issue here
 
Old one has plenty of life left. I’ve replaced some that were nearly 3/4” compressed and functioned fine. I still think the extractor is the issue here

This.
Spring looks almost new.
Too much extractor lift or too much tension combined with too little radius is the problem.
 
Back
Top Bottom