18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

LAPD CCW Approval

2abrane

Member
Messages
29
Just paid my final fee for approval. Took about 3 months. Could have been under 2 months. But I wanted to get another pistol and lagged.

Now just waiting on my physical card. Anybody know how long that takes. Say it takes about 2-4 weeks. Hoping sooner. Or if I have the option to pick up. Anybody know?
 
IIRC, they mail cards once per month, around the fifteenth. Hence the two to four weeks, depending on when your final approval comes through.
 
Did you guys receive the emailed letter from the chief of police yet? I think that’s the point where the two to four week window kicks in.
 
Did you guys receive the emailed letter from the chief of police yet? I think that’s the point where the two to four week window kicks in.
I got a letter a few weeks ago regarding approval for CCW training. Are we supposed to get another letter now that we are approved?
 
For me the letter was a few weeks earlier than the text to pay. I paid same day I received that text. Card arrived a few days later.
 
Update for my friend, it has now been a month since he uploaded his training cert and documents and waiting for final approval and the card to be mailed, others in his class already got their ccw somehow. Wow LA sucks lmao. 3 months is good for LA, from when he emailed to be on the application list to now is 7-8 months. it's like people that applied a few months ago are somehow ahead in line.
 
Did you guys receive the emailed letter from the chief of police yet? I think that’s the point where the two to four week window kicks in.
Yes they sent me that the same day they sent formal approval and told me to pay the approval fee.
 
Was able to contact officer on my application. She's been very helpful. Told me she's issuing the card Aug1st. She will be mailing them on the 3rd
 
Back
Top Bottom