18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW LAPD CCW Timeline

I emailed to be put on waiting list. Got a response to get live scan two days after. Did live scan. Got an email to officially apply. Which I did today. Set the date for July for interview. This all started this past Monday.
 
I emailed to be put on waiting list. Got a response to get live scan two days after. Did live scan. Got an email to officially apply. Which I did today. Set the date for July for interview. This all started this past Monday.
Keep checking, and you might snatch an earlier appointment.
 
From memory: There is a button you can click to reschedule your appointment. Obviously, you are looking for something before your scheduled date.
 
For the folks posting improved CCW timelines can you specify the IA. Are we talking LASD or LAPD?

From what I can tell LASD and LAPD have had very different processing histories, and that distinction matters. The federal DOJ pressure and lawsuit were aimed at LASD not LAPD if I remember. Meanwhile LAPD still has very long waits and slow interviews unless I am mistaken with these recent posts?

That said we are clearly seeing what appears to be real movement in LA. What used to look like a 1.5 year process now seems to be compressing toward a few months in some cases? If so that's awesome.

A right delayed long enough becomes a right denied.
 
Has anyone in this thread successfully renewed after the initial 2 years with LAPD?
If you submit everything in the 90 day timeframe they mandate, do you get your updated ccw card by the time your current one expires?
 
Has anyone in this thread successfully renewed after the initial 2 years with LAPD?
If you submit everything in the 90 day timeframe they mandate, do you get your updated ccw card by the time your current one expires?
I just saw a recent post on that other site where a lapd renewal was started right at 90 days and was completed 23 days before expiration so looks like if you take care of training and all other requirements on time you should be ok.
 
Pretty much 4 months exact from email requesting to begin the process to receipt of CCW in the mail.

LAPD CCW Timeline 2026
1/31 Sent in email requesting application (1/31 was a Saturday)
2/02 Received acknowledgment with September 2026 expected interview date
3/27 Received email my interview position had been reached
3/27 Filled out Permitium forms and paid initial fee
3/28 Submitted Live Scan
4/07 Interview at LAPD
4/07 Received email to begin training
4/12 Live Scan process completed
4/16 Completed training and qualification
4/21 Reference and spouse phone calls completed
4/21 Initial Review completed
4/27 Captain Review completed
5/18 Commander/Chief Review completed
5/20 Final review completed and final payment sent
6/01 CCW Permit received
 
Pretty much 4 months exact from email requesting to begin the process to receipt of CCW in the mail.

LAPD CCW Timeline 2026
1/31 Sent in email requesting application (1/31 was a Saturday)
2/02 Received acknowledgment with September 2026 expected interview date
3/27 Received email my interview position had been reached
3/27 Filled out Permitium forms and paid initial fee
3/28 Submitted Live Scan
4/07 Interview at LAPD
4/07 Received email to begin training
4/12 Live Scan process completed
4/16 Completed training and qualification
4/21 Reference and spouse phone calls completed
4/21 Initial Review completed
4/27 Captain Review completed
5/18 Commander/Chief Review completed
5/20 Final review completed and final payment sent
6/01 CCW Permit received
Wow ! this is a real turnaround compared to just a couple years ago.I hope it continues to improve
 
Has anyone renewed the week before 6/1 and received the permit card in mail?
 
I’ve been on pending reference interviews for over a month this lady that interviewed me sucks, apparently she’s the slowest working investigator at that branch of LAPD
 
I’ve been on pending reference interviews for over a month this lady that interviewed me sucks, apparently she’s the slowest working investigator at that branch of LAPD
insane because their whole phone interview is like 45 seconds
 
insane because their whole phone interview is like 45 seconds
I know that’s what I’ve heard lmao, there were some people I met on Reddit, that also had the same investigator from the Glendale LAPD branch and they all had the same issue with that lady she apparently took a minimum of a month to call their references, mine definitely has been over a month when she said she’d call with a week or two from the date of the interview
 
Back
Top Bottom