Daaaang! Hahaha I just submitted my training and live scans and waiting for them to tell me when I can pick upProcess took 1 year. Good luck finding parking when picking up your permit
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Daaaang! Hahaha I just submitted my training and live scans and waiting for them to tell me when I can pick upProcess took 1 year. Good luck finding parking when picking up your permit
You'll probably get the call next month.
Will go by quick, dont worry about it... I just got mine about 3 weeks ago... Its even BETTER than what you imagine after you do get itJust got the response back. It's a 16-20 month wait from when I applied.![]()
When did you get your call for the interview?Application was submitted 10/2023, interview 02/2025. I could have gotten a earlier date for the interview, maybe early jan 2025 but I delayed sending in docs due to my id not having my current address. now im awaiting approval from the assigned officer so I can submit the training course completion papers.
I went to my interview, literally sat down for two minutes & that was it. they asked me if my firearm was registered to me, & if I purchased here in California. & they sent me a text of approved firearms training providers then said that was it lol.
around late december. i was told by the detective to fill out the application asap but i delayed it because i was waiting for my new license with my new address but that took almost 3 weeks.When did you get your call for the interview?
I still haven’t received my call to schedule an interview. I was put on the list 11/09/2023
This sounds like LASD and not LAPD . You got my hopes up lolUpdate:
March 2023- submited application
November/December 2024 - they called and asked questions (guess it was the phone interview) then emailed saying i can go ahead and complete the training
Janurary 2025- completed training and sent over documents
March 17 2025 - called me and scheduled me to pick up my CCW set for in mid April 2025
It is LASDThis sounds like LASD and not LAPD . You got my hopes up lol
Is it the same Northeast station as the interview? My initial interview was at the Academy and pickup was downtown at the HQ. Would be nice to not have to drive all the way down there from SFV (although Glendale is marginally better).Just got home from picking up my renewal. I would say there was at least 30 of us picking those up, but there was definitely over 50 people in there doing interviews and there was at least 15 officers working so it sounds like LAPD is trying. And from my understanding pick up's will be the first Tuesday of every month..