18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

LCP Max anyone?

I would highly recommend buying the Hogue wraparound grip for these guns. I didn't particularly enjoy shooting mine because the grip is shaped like a 2x4 and one of the edges dug into my bone. The Hogue grip solved my problem. These are great guns overall and mine has been perfect in terms of reliability.

I wouldn't and I have never found the hoque wraparound to improve a gun. It also affects holster options and sticks in the pocket, hard NO from me!

With the finger extension the grip is good IMO.

Shooting any gun requires firm grip with push/pull to vise it into your hands. Work on this and it eliminates what someone called snappy.
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't and I have never found the hoque wraparound to improve a gun. It also affects holster options and sticks in the pocket, hard NO from me!

With the finger extension the grip is good IMO.

Shooting any gun requires firm grip with push/pull to vise it into your hands. Work on this and it eliminates what someone called snappy.
Has nothing to do with grip strength. I have big hands and the tiny grip along with the 2x4 shape just doesn't fit my particular hand. I'm glad it fits yours. The Hogue wraparound fills my hand in a little bit better and rounds out the 2x4 corners.
 
Has nothing to do with grip strength. I have big hands and the tiny grip along with the 2x4 shape just doesn't fit my particular hand. I'm glad it fits yours. The Hogue wraparound fills my hand in a little bit better and rounds out the 2x4 corners.

What about holsters and pocket carry, how does that rubber wrap around grip deal with them?
 
Strictly as a pocket pistol, I'd still choose the LCP max over the bodyguard since it's shorter and rounder which make it easier to pocket and more snag free.

The bodyguard 2.0 is great for a light IWB/AIWB for the summer since it's thinner than the LCP max, and the extra length helps prevent tip out.

This pocket holster I use for my BG 2.0 solves any snagging issues. I'm actually impressed with how well it works.
 

Attachments

  • 20260226_191142.webp
    20260226_191142.webp
    168.8 KB · Views: 12
The consensus is that the LCP Max is snappy. I don’t find this to be true. It’s a dream to shoot. Super accurate and very compact. I would not hesitate in purchasing one. As a matter of fact. I will probably purchase another one. It’s that good of a pistol.
 
The consensus is that the LCP Max is snappy. I don’t find this to be true. It’s a dream to shoot. Super accurate and very compact. I would not hesitate in purchasing one. As a matter of fact. I will probably purchase another one. It’s that good of a pistol.

I think 2 people said it was snappy.

It was $300, that's lower than the LCP II 22lr. I think both are great must-have handguns!
 
This pocket holster I use for my BG 2.0 solves any snagging issues. I'm actually impressed with how well it works.
Is that the vedder pocket locker? How is printing with that holster? I've seen varying reviews of it being great, to others saying you can still tell it's a gun. Ofc I'm sure it depends on what kind of pants you wear with it.
 
Is that the vedder pocket locker? How is printing with that holster? I've seen varying reviews of it being great, to others saying you can still tell it's a gun. Ofc I'm sure it depends on what kind of pants you wear with it.
Yes it is. I typically wear jeans or shorts, I don't see any way anyone could tell it's a gun. You really can barely tell there's anything in my pocket because it's so thin and flat. I carry my wallet in the my left front pocket, I can't see any difference. That little hook part is super cool, it grabs the edge of the pocket so the holster stays put when you draw.
 
Zero issues with soft pocket holsters like Desantis/Sticky. The grip sticks out far enough of them for the function to not be affected. Kydex based holsters like Vedder and stuff I can't speak on because I don't use them.
I purchased a nice IWB holster for mine. It fits the LCP 2 in 22lr too. Virtually the same dimensions. You get 2 for 1 😁. Much better than carrying it in a soft holster in one’s pocket. Too many things can go wrong drawing it from the pocket.
 
Sticky SM-3 fits the LCP2 .22 and LCP MAX with laser nicely, disappears in pocket
 
Was a bit skeptical of such a small gun, but with the 12 round magazines it becomes very comfortable. I used to own an LC9, and had no complaints so figured I’d give the LCP Max a try. I’m 6’3 275lbs - it fits my hand nicely and accuracy isn’t a problem < 12 yards.

I’m surprised just how much it disappears in my pocket too. It does print in tighter shorts/pants, but I’ve got a Super Fly holster on the way which should hopefully sort that out. But regardless, I often times forget it’s there.
 
Back
Top Bottom