18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

LCP Max anyone?

I got one for the same reason...not at turners but a smaller store. You cannot beat the size and performance for the price. Unless the Bodyguard 2.0 gets added to the roster, there really is nothing to compete for a small, discreet, carry gun.
Strictly as a pocket pistol, I'd still choose the LCP max over the bodyguard since it's shorter and rounder which make it easier to pocket and more snag free.

The bodyguard 2.0 is great for a light IWB/AIWB for the summer since it's thinner than the LCP max, and the extra length helps prevent tip out.
 
Saw the sale price on turner’s website and ordered without even seeing one in person.

How foolish was that?

I have the LCP II 22lr and it’s been more reliable than even my MK IV Target so I thought maybe it’s not so risky of a purchase.
Not at all! It's a great gun!
 
I bought mine from a LEO who picked up a S&W 2.0. It is head and shoulders above the original LCP from 15 years ago.
Mine is for sale because I have too many small frame carry pistols.

There are different LCP versions. I have the original and a 2023 model. Externally, the sights on the 2023 are far better and the gun shoots much better. The original one is basically a 7 yard gun for me. The 2023 keeps them all on steel at 25 yards with Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain. I was pleasantly surprised.
 
There are different LCP versions. I have the original and a 2023 model. Externally, the sights on the 2023 are far better and the gun shoots much better. The original one is basically a 7 yard gun for me. The 2023 keeps them all on steel at 25 yards with Hornady Critical Defense 90 grain. I was pleasantly surprised.

I p/u next week.

Holding it in the store I feel the grip is improved over my LCP II 22lr and I already know the finger extension will be going on the mag!
 
I got it from sportsmans for $330 after taxes and i absolutely love it . I ended up putting down my ruger max 9 and haven't picked it up to carry since
 
Last edited:
My first 380 was a Sig P 238 loved it but too heavy for pocket carry. So, ended up owb with a vest, I got tired of sweating like a stuck hog in the summer time.
Sold to a friend but kept the ammo. Now I have the max in an Alabama Pocket Holster (kydex). Recommended by a member here. It is in my pocket 24/7 (yes it stays in pocket till I change pants.
 
Replacement 10 round mags also have the same baseplate in the package as the 12s so it’s easy to get the longer grip if you want.
 
I've definitely been contemplating it for sure, if they get one with a Black slide on roster, I probably couldn't say no.
 
Hi, chiming in late but did you end up getting it and what's your experience if you did?
 
I've definitely been contemplating it for sure, if they get one with a Black slide on roster, I probably couldn't say no.

The california slide is better looking imo with the vertical slide cuts and I like that it has one less warning on the lower.

1771311760415.webp1771311803954.webp
 
Last edited:
I see, if the issue is my comment maintains the original persons text, it wasn't pointed out to me that that was the issue. All anyone was saying was how wrong I was to point out the discrepancy.

I've now deleted that comment.
I appreciate your help and the spirit of your comments. It's a gun forum, and we talk about everything. Advice flies around whether people ask for it or not because people don’t know what they don't know.

People don't generally intend to spread misinformation and I'm glad when people have the wherewithal to correct it.

I learn a lot simply from reading so many threads, even if they don't always directly apply to my own experience or questions.
 
Putting in Mcarbo bits (particularly the trigger), a bit stronger recoil spring, and a Hogue grip will make the Max more pleasurable to shoot.
Do you install the Hogue HandALL® Beavertail Grip Sleeve? How much better is it to shoot with the Hogue grip?

I added M"CARBO parts to mine and it seems to have helped a lot. Hoping the Hogue grip calms down some snap.

​

 
Do you install the Hogue HandALL® Beavertail Grip Sleeve? How much better is it to shoot with the Hogue grip?

I added M"CARBO parts to mine and it seems to have helped a lot. Hoping the Hogue grip calms down some snap.

​

Adding the grip really helped IMHO. Well worth it.
 
Thanks, ordered!

Picked it up today and with the pinky plate it's a decent grip. Significantly better than the LCP II 22lr and now I hope they update the 22lr!

This is a nice gun!!!

Magazine disconnect pin comes out after you take off the slide-stop lever and it's spring off the left side of the fcu.

Here's the supplemental diagram that came in the box.
1771563719631.webp
 
Last edited:
I would highly recommend buying the Hogue wraparound grip for these guns. I didn't particularly enjoy shooting mine because the grip is shaped like a 2x4 and one of the edges dug into my bone. The Hogue grip solved my problem. These are great guns overall and mine has been perfect in terms of reliability.
 
Back
Top Bottom