18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Legal question please.

God forbid if the illegal actions of CA get overturned, all the gun stores will go broke in CA I guess.
I recall the days when I could just order anything a gun store didn't stock, all they did was put their mark up on it including the real shipping cost.

Of course I see it, I live it.
Well then you should understand why businesses charge what they do. Gun stores didn’t create this climate the voters did. Businesses are struggling in California, especially small businesses, under the current business climate in California.
 
Every store I have asked has a flat rate on shipping ammo, this is no lie.
If I wanted to order 50 rounds it's the same charge as a 1000 rounds, I've asked 3 gun stores.
 
I do want to say thank you for answering my questions. :)
 
Every store I have asked has a flat rate on shipping ammo, this is no lie.
If I wanted to order 50 rounds it's the same charge as a 1000 rounds, I've asked 3 gun store

Every store I have asked has a flat rate on shipping ammo, this is no lie.
If I wanted to order 50 rounds it's the same charge as a 1000 rounds, I've asked 3 gun stores.
I mean you could always open one and charge an amazing charitable fee but the avg life of a FFL in California is less than 5 years.
 
My only desire is to see the criminal laws of CA that was created solely to generate money for this failed system rejected.
Again, charging a 100.00+ fee just to use a mailing addy isn't the smartest marketing ploy, it's more like a monopoly mindset imo.
Just think how much one could generate slashing it in half and making it known, I think that would generate a huge amount of business.
 
My only desire is to see the criminal laws of CA that was created solely to generate money for this failed system rejected.
Again, charging a 100.00+ fee just to use a mailing addy isn't the smartest marketing ploy, it's more like a monopoly mindset imo.
Just think how much one could generate slashing it in half and making it known, I think that would generate a huge amount of business.
So cut the price in half only to double the amount of labor? You haven’t run a business before, have you?
 
So what happens if the Ca law get's revoked as it has multiple times from banning private ammo buying?
Or do you just hedge on it sticking?
Asking as a consumer.
 
Did you have your gun store before ammo buying was illegal?
 
So I take it you would be happy if that law got tossed out correct, it seems you are saying it's a burden on your operation's.
 
So I take it you would be happy if that law got tossed out correct, it seems you are saying it's a burden on your operation's.

I don’t know where you got the idea that I support the law. All I said was that businesses are going to charge for their services — that doesn’t mean I’m in favor of the law but if a business is required to do the labor they should be able to charge a fee to cover the cost.
 
My marketing advice is make it clear if one pick's up the order within 24-48 hours it's half price the handling charge.
If they pick it up the same day they get a candy bar.
 
Charging a 100.00 + to have something sent I dont agree with but it's your business.
 
I guess just asking 50.00 would make you go broke taking in packages where the buyer would already know it was delivered and come to pick it up.
So much labor involved, forgive me.
I'm assuming you've looked really hard for a LGS which would accept gun shipments for $50 and you came up empty.
 
Back
Top Bottom