18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

List of self-defense lawyers

BenGhazi

Member
Messages
48
Anyone have a link to a list of reputable lawyers? Or how about we start one? I heard that USCCA has turned down some self-defense cases, but anything else pertinent to those comments extends beyond my public understanding.
 
Anyone have a link to a list of reputable lawyers? Or how about we start one? I heard that USCCA has turned down some self-defense cases, but anything else pertinent to those comments extends beyond my public understanding.
If I understand correctly. You’re looking for firearms lawyers? Go to CRPA
 
I have AOR. Seemed to provide the best service when compared side by side.
 
I read the AOR faq and see they are a law firm from Arizona but can (usually) get permission to represent in the other states. But if something happens and I need to shut up until my lawyer is present how long will that take? I call their hotline and presumably they don't hop on a redeye to somewhere in California... do they call up a local lawyer and send them over to the police station?
 
I have both. USCCA will not cover you if you use your firearm for work and end up pulling the trigger. Attorneys on Retainer does.
I have both also, AOR and USCCA. I view AOR as my primary coverage.
 
What I like about AOR is that it's not a type of "insurance". Anyone who's ever dealt with the heaping pile of bull💩 that comes with an insurance claim of any kind will appreciate that AOR isn't "insurance" in the traditional sense.

That said, I'd probably have both (AOR+CCW Safe) if I ever get my CCW.
 
Honestly best to find local attorneys and not rely on these national companies.. esp being in California usually our justice system is more quirky

AOR just advantage of USCCA’s bad press to push their services heavy through the same method (influencers)
 
I read the AOR faq and see they are a law firm from Arizona but can (usually) get permission to represent in the other states. But if something happens and I need to shut up until my lawyer is present how long will that take? I call their hotline and presumably they don't hop on a redeye to somewhere in California... do they call up a local lawyer and send them over to the police station?
Check this one out. They were pretty fast.
 
Back
Top Bottom