18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW Long Beach CCW

M_N04H

Unknown member
CAguns Supporter
2026 2 25+ 2 Mostest
Messages
1,464
Classified ads
2
2023 Dec 01 - Application submitted
2023 Dec 08 - LBPD confirmed receipt of Live Scan form
2024 Jun 13 - LBPD in person interview
2024 Jul 01 - Psych interview
2024 Sept 14-15 - CCW course

It might be close to a year by the time I actually get issued my license, but it is moving along.
 
Congratulations…..Not bad of a wait…..I had initially applied with Los Angeles sheriffs department, but ended up selling our place in Woodland Hills back in 2022 and moved to Thousand Oaks so I had to reapply with Ventura county sheriffs department….. It’s great to see that LBPD is fast because it took almost 13 months for LASD to schedule an interview with me and at that point we had already moved to Ventura County…. took another 10 months for me to get my CCW with VCSD….just a little under 2 years for me
 
Last edited:
wow I thought mine was bad, guess I am comparing it to our neighbors in OC
 
Finally got the approval notice. Should be picking up within 2 weeks, according to them.
 
Heads up for anyone in LB. LBPD requires the instructor to send in the certificate. I submitted it myself but that wasn't enough, and I ended up extending my wait time without anything happening. I finally got my license in hand but I would've gotten it sooner I think had I known this.
 
It's that time again. Renewal time. I'm 3 months out. I submitted my application and documents plus live freaking scam again.
 
Response received, ok to proceed to shooting qualifications.
 
Back
Top Bottom