18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Looking for advise SIG516

mmaaddmmaaxx

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
Had bought a SIG516 years ago.. when the config became a problem I installed a fixed magazine which is loaded with some crap mechanics from the side to be compliant back then...

As this this useless and maybe not even compliant now... whats the best way to make this rifle useful and stay legal?

thanks for any advise,
max
 
Had bought a SIG516 years ago.. when the config became a problem I installed a fixed magazine which is loaded with some crap mechanics from the side to be compliant back then...

As this this useless and maybe not even compliant now... whats the best way to make this rifle useful and stay legal?

thanks for any advise,
max
Comp-mag……Least intrusive, least work to install, easiest to reverse to free mode; but least practical to use when in fixed mag mode.
 
Right, Comp-mag is what I have... couldn't recall the name but googled it....

So nothing simpler? Darn... what about those mods I have seen at a range which drop the mag when you break open the receiver?

Isn't that a better solution maybe? Are there recommended vendors for those?

-max
 
Right, Comp-mag is what I have... couldn't recall the name but googled it....

So nothing simpler? Darn... what about those mods I have seen at a range which drop the mag when you break open the receiver?

Isn't that a better solution maybe? Are there recommended vendors for those?

-max
AR-maglock gen 4 with king pin? Takes a little more work to install but more practical when using fixed mag

Or maglatch F.N.G.R.
 
Hogue Freedom Fighter and a Juggernaught hellfighter rear pin.
 
I use a magpul MIAD with an Exile fin backstrap, ambi safety and a comp on the barrel. The exile fin has a thumbrest which makes it easier to control. When I’m at a class or competition, I swap the fin for a regular backstrap and it’s game time.
 
I use a magpul MIAD with an Exile fin backstrap, ambi safety and a comp on the barrel. The exile fin has a thumbrest which makes it easier to control. When I’m at a class or competition, I swap the fin for a regular backstrap and it’s game time.
this is the way
 
Back
Top Bottom