18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Looking for High Desert shooting area other than Hodge.

CaliAR

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
3
Hey all, Im looking for another place in the high desert to shoot. Something less crowded than Hodge Rd. About 8 years ago a friend of a friend took us to this place surrounded by hills, kind of like a half moon. I dont remember where it was. I have two assumptions we either got off on Hodge rd. and went west for awhile or we were on the 395 exited and went west for awhile.

If anyone has any spots they would like to share, please do.
Thanks.
 
Solution
Hey all, Im looking for another place in the high desert to shoot. Something less crowded than Hodge Rd. About 8 years ago a friend of a friend took us to this place surrounded by hills, kind of like a half moon. I dont remember where it was. I have two assumptions we either got off on Hodge rd. and went west for awhile or we were on the 395 exited and went west for awhile.

If anyone has any spots they would like to share, please do.
Thanks.
Hodge Rd. Your best bet to be completely comfortable.
Hey all, Im looking for another place in the high desert to shoot. Something less crowded than Hodge Rd. About 8 years ago a friend of a friend took us to this place surrounded by hills, kind of like a half moon. I dont remember where it was. I have two assumptions we either got off on Hodge rd. and went west for awhile or we were on the 395 exited and went west for awhile.

If anyone has any spots they would like to share, please do.
Thanks.
Hodge Rd. Your best bet to be completely comfortable.
 
Solution
Hey all, Im looking for another place in the high desert to shoot. Something less crowded than Hodge Rd. About 8 years ago a friend of a friend took us to this place surrounded by hills, kind of like a half moon. I dont remember where it was. I have two assumptions we either got off on Hodge rd. and went west for awhile or we were on the 395 exited and went west for awhile.

If anyone has any spots they would like to share, please do.
Thanks.
395 north past Adelanto there is the high desert shooting club left side of the freeway to my knowledge not open anymore or has new hours I never ever see any cars in the lot anyway there is a fence line and a dirt road that borders the property to the north of the complex follow the fence line back and over the hill behind the place follow the dirt road and you will see a shooting area open desert and hills to shoot against also if you drive 20 or so miles west of that on the same road there is a so called shooting area I saw it on a map once but I never drove that far.

Setup where you want back there you can range as far as you like in most cases. I have also heard of a spot I can never find called (and don’t quote me) called 3 peaks or something along those lines maybe someone can chime in on that, during the week it’s empty may be a few quads running around but use a mountain as you back drop and they are not an issue.

I go out there alot and never had any issues with anything.
 
Arrestre Recreational Shooting Site 1 in San Bernardino, off Burns Canyon / US First Service Road 2N02. It’s off the beaten path.
 
Drive further north about 20 min. Explore some blm land. I’ve never shot at hodge when I lived in ca. but use to drive 20-30 min north and we’d have camp and shoot weekends with family.
 
I’ve only been shooting off Hodge Rd. once maybe 12 years ago. My buddy and I were the only ones out there as far as we could tell. It was early morning on a week day so maybe that had something to do with it. I haven’t been back due to distance and hearing how bad it can get.
 
I’ve only been shooting off Hodge Rd. once maybe 12 years ago. My buddy and I were the only ones out there as far as we could tell. It was early morning on a week day so maybe that had something to do with it. I haven’t been back due to distance and hearing how bad it can get.
Yeah weekday I would imagine is a different story, you head there this Saturday and it will be a zoo. Just a lot of inexperienced shooters with no etiquette. Not saying everybody but all it takes is someone who doesn’t understand a line break when people are out setting targets or first timers being passed a gun and turning around all directions with a loaded firearm with their finger on the trigger. Been there done that and not trying to do it again.
 
Back
Top Bottom