18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

LR308 build-14.5” or 16” Barrel and Muzzle device?

OCGunCollector

Member+
2A
Messages
28
I am currently building out a LR308 Aero Precision M5. I am going for a battle rifle setup and want a shorter barrel. I am stuck at the moment between a BA 14.5” Modern Series barrel or a Wislon Combat recon fluted 16” barrel. This will just be a fun range toy and I am not looking to go out to extended ranges. Maybe 300yrds at most. I alreay have a longtange setup LR308 build with an 18” barrel in .308 so I do not need to go that route. Maybe I should change out the long range 308 barrel for a 6.5 Creedmore? Anyways getting back on topic, It is a carbine buffer system and the break I already have for it is a VG6 Gamma. I was also looking at a surefire muzzle break or flash hider that will except a warden in order to keep the side blast at a minimum when shooting at a crowded range (and I think it looks cool since we can’t have cans here). I will have to pin and weld the muzzle device if I go 14.5” so I want something that I can add a blast can later if I want.
I can also include a build list if anyone wants to know what all the parts are. As always thank you for the input.
 
I’d go with a 16” and muzzle break just to save time and money. I have a surefire on mine (don’t recall what model).
 
Back
Top Bottom