18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

M4 Benneli Opinions

What does a choke do.
Do a google search for "what does a shotgun choke do" and you'll find out.
You'll get a better answer by doing that and you'll get some pictures that help explain it better.
 
I was in the same boat, looked around and went with what I liked. Wanted the extended shell tube, made by carrier comp and their follower. I used as others mentioned the mesa tactical forend. The stock is original, but may get changed out someday for the mesa one. I added a mesa tactical sure shell and Holosun. I love my set up!
Dam bro that’s clean. Mines looking a little like that right now
 
Dam bro that’s clean. Mines looking a little like that right now
Thanks! This is the only auto shotgun gun I own. I have normal 870, and a Vang Comp 870, so it was a learning process with the controls on this M4. The laws on what was needed to be legal were pretty easy to read thanks to freedom fighter tactical’s website. I used Rifle Gear to install the parts and they did a great job. Forgot to say I have a Vickers sling on it. I will add a Surefire light to the forend eventually and probably the stock.. But so far, it is an awesome. Good luck in your search build quest.
 
Thanks! This is the only auto shotgun gun I own. I have normal 870, and a Vang Comp 870, so it was a learning process with the controls on this M4. The laws on what was needed to be legal were pretty easy to read thanks to freedom fighter tactical’s website. I used Rifle Gear to install the parts and they did a great job. Forgot to say I have a Vickers sling on it. I will add a Surefire light to the forend eventually and probably the stock.. But so far, it is an awesome. Good luck in your search build quest.
Ditto
 
The Benelli M4 *the* shotgun that all 2-legged critter control semi-auto shotguns are measured against; and for good reason. I still don't think they've made a better one yet.

IMO, the upgrade to a standard capacity mag tube is a must, all else is user preference. The CarrierComp titanium mag tube is widely regarded to be the best in the business, but they are expensive and have a long wait time.
 
The Benelli M4 *the* shotgun that all 2-legged critter control semi-auto shotguns are measured against; and for good reason. I still don't think they've made a better one yet.

IMO, the upgrade to a standard capacity mag tube is a must, all else is user preference. The CarrierComp titanium mag tube is widely regarded to be the best in the business, but they are expensive and have a long wait time.
What are your thoughts on the knockoff M4s like Panzer Arms
 
What are your thoughts on the knockoff M4s like Panzer Arms
I have read and heard of parts breakages and the like that were unheard of on the Benelli product. There is also some parts incompatibility and quality issues with the second-tier manufacturers. Some of the imitators may be better than others, I couldn't speak to that, but the Benelli is hands down the best. Any problems I've ever heard of with the Benelli revolved around someone using horribly substandard ammo or inferior aftermarket parts.

I did watch some idiot jam an M4 at a tactical shotgun course trying to feed it 3 1/2" shells for which it was not designed.
 
Back
Top Bottom