18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

M4 Benneli Opinions

Laws are weird if you start messing with the magazine tube, like you have to change 3 parts of the gun or some bs. Limbsaver is great. Freedom fighter tactical sells some "oem" parts but beware legality (of collapsing stock etc). RX Arms makes some cool stuff like the bolt release tab that drops in (but requires original fore end to fit I think). Upgraded charging handle is nice as the stock one is pretty small.
is that the 922r? I saw that a lot on the web when googling parts. 922r compliant parts.
 
I think its pretty hard not to mention that the clones out there are literally the same as the M4 - when Benelli missed renewing their patent, these companies (Panzer most notable) came in hot and its very hard to tell the difference until you look at costs being just a fraction of the original.

I have a mac 1014, I’ve never had an issue, Benelli parts do fit. It doesn’t have the Benelli name but at almost a 1/4 of the cost I couldn’t pass it up.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4576.webp
    IMG_4576.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 25
Just confirming, is the LimbSaver a rubber pad you put on the butt stock of the shotgun/rifle?
Yes, there is another company called Kick EEZ and Falcon Strike that I was looking into when I was in the market for one. Not sure if they make pads for the M4.

My 1301 came with a few different thickness "spacers" that go in between the stock and pad to get my LOP right. The first time I took the 1301 to the range my LOP was way too short which made it uncomfortable shooting. My shoulder and bicep were sore for a few days. Now that I added some "spacers" and the Limbsaver, LOP is perfect and it shoots very well for me now. I would say that getting the LOP right made more of a difference than the Limbsaver, but it does do a very good job mitigating felt recoil.
 
Last edited:
Flashlight and sling. Red dot if thats thing. I have a mesa tactical 15 inch forend. And just a standard stock.
 
I'm saving this post. You definitely put a lot of effort into it lol. Thanks bro!
If mounting a light on there, it will help to have an extender to push the light more forward, to help minimize the barrel shadow. It can also help to get the turbo model for a tighter beam to minimize even more.



 
Thanks for the suggestions yall. I am having trouble adding the light mount so I'll probably visit my local FFL and ask for help there. Other than that, I got the shell holder, a Holosun 507C with a picatinny mount, a Vickers sling, Stryk Industries MLOK Handguard.
 
Thanks for the suggestions yall. I am having trouble adding the light mount so I'll probably visit my local FFL and ask for help there. Other than that, I got the shell holder, a Holosun 507C with a picatinny mount, a Vickers sling, Stryk Industries MLOK Handguard.
What light mount are you using and for what light? What’s the trouble? M-lok nuts not catching?
 
Laws are weird if you start messing with the magazine tube, like you have to change 3 parts of the gun or some bs. Limbsaver is great. Freedom fighter tactical sells some "oem" parts but beware legality (of collapsing stock etc). RX Arms makes some cool stuff like the bolt release tab that drops in (but requires original fore end to fit I think). Upgraded charging handle is nice as the stock one is pretty small.

is that the 922r? I saw that a lot on the web when googling parts. 922r compliant parts.

The mag tube is the main thing that needs to be upgraded on the m4. Just need to make sure you read up on 922r compliance.

The magazine tube extension wouldn’t be an issue as long as it’s a part made in the USA….
 
Impact Weapons Components Multi Light Mount for Benelli M4 PICATINNY. I just have no idea on how to install lit under the barrel when theres a sling thing in the way.

View attachment 161279
Where are you mounting the sling; is it on the strike m-lok handguard with a m-lok qd sling mount? Is it on the left or right side for the sling mount? How about the light; do you plan on having it on the left or right side?

Does the WML have a swivel option to rotate it out of the way?

Impact weapons component is a pretty good company; they offer different light mounting options with different angles and extension to work with different set ups. I remember during around the pandemic the main guy had passed and the family put the business on pause/out of service for awhile.
 
Where are you mounting the sling? On the strike m-lok handguard with a m-lok qd sling mount? Is it on the left or right side for the sling mount? How about the light; do you plan on having it on the left or right side?

Does the WML have a swivel option to rotate it out of the way?

IWC is a pretty good company. I remember during around the pandemic the main guy had passed and the family put the business on pause/out of service for awhile.
No I dont have a QD sling mount just the one that came with factory lol. I have a Surefire Scout light that mounts on Pic. I am new to this bro so idk. lmao
 
No I dont have a QD sling mount just the one that came with factory lol. I have a Surefire Scout light that mounts on Pic. I am new to this bro so idk. lmao

How does the factory qd sling mount look? Would buying a QD m-lok sling mount for the handguard help position it out of the way of the light; but also put it in a better position when going handsfree to grab side arm from holster?

Is it the surefire scout pro model with the swivel option or is it the older m600 footprint?

All good, we are going to play Lego’s and Tetris.
 
How does the factory qd sling mount look? Would buying a QD m-lok sling mount for the handguard help position it out of the way of the light; but also put it in a better position when going handsfree to grab side arm from holster?

Is it the surefire scout pro model with the swivel option or is it the older m600 footprint?

All good, we are going to play Lego’s and Tetris.
lol you gotta DM me your # and we can chat about it bro. You sound like you know a lot about modding shotguns.
 
lol you gotta DM me your # and we can chat about it bro. You sound like you know a lot about modding shotguns.
Ok. DM incoming.

Modding guns yes, working on clearances, and customizing the rig to depending on its intended purpose and possible exposure. Shotguns, only shotgun I modded TACTICALLY is KSG; while also doing my own quality control checks on the Oem components.
 
Last edited:
I was in the same boat, looked around and went with what I liked. Wanted the extended shell tube, made by carrier comp and their follower. I used as others mentioned the mesa tactical forend. The stock is original, but may get changed out someday for the mesa one. I added a mesa tactical sure shell and Holosun. I love my set up!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8126.webp
    IMG_8126.webp
    96.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom