- Messages
- 227
- Classified ads
- 1
This thread arises out of a lively discussion on X concerning imported products vs. Made in USA products. A guy said something like: "do you really think it's possible to have Made in USA underwear or coffee? Come on." As a wearer of Made in USA underwear and many other products, I had to chime in. (There is Made in USA coffee from Hawaii and Puerto Rico, BTW).
The Berry Amendment requires the Department of War/Defense to procure certain materials entirely within the U.S. I've used that as a guide to purchase items such as plate carriers, boots, optics, and other equipment. I also buy Made in USA civilian clothing, and occasionally tactical clothing. I do this for personal satisfaction as well as supporting domestic manufacturing, even though it costs 4x more.
To that end, I've put together a curated list of Made in USA goods that I personally have. I thought folks might get a kick out of it, and I'm still working on it, so please don't consider it complete. Just so you don't have to click anywhere, here is the in-progress list:
American Trench - Made in USA clothing.
Crye Precision - Made in USA tactical clothing.
Chris Reeve Knives - Made in USA knives.
Winkler Knives - Made in USA knives (may include steel from Germany).
Benchmade - Made in USA knives.
Belleville Boot Co. - Made in USA boots.
Trijicon - Made in USA optics.
Spartan Armor Systems - Made in USA tactical gear.
Milwaukee Tool & Equipment Co. - Made in USA vises, anvils, and other tooling.
Grace USA - The greatest professional punches and finish hammers (and other fine tools) on Earth. Made in USA, and unbelievably great value for money.
Stiletto - The greatest framing hammers and striking tools on Earth. Made in USA from Titanium.
Warmoth - The greatest guitar parts on Earth. Made in USA.
RED Dragon-X 6K digital cinema camera with Zeiss CP.3 lenses - the ultimate run and gun digital cinema setup. Proof (actual sample footage). Camera body Made in USA.
Phoenix Guardian R HEPA system - a wonderful Made in USA industrial air scrubber/purifier with 10x the performance of any consumer product. I use this at my office when they are doing construction in the building, which produces dust and odors, and at home when using the fireplace.
Lucas Oil - Extreme Duty gun oil, Made in USA. After 25 years using a competing product that is still excellent, I've now switched permanently to this one. I didn't think this gun oil would make a huge difference, but it does-- the key is that (among other great properties), the viscosity is ideal. It has just the right amount of flow, and it doesn't run into my clothes when carrying my pistol, unlike other products. 10/10, will never look back. Pairs perfectly with my Springfield Armory 1911 TRP Operator.
Springfield Armory 1911 TRP Operator - the best 1911-style pistol you can buy in California for $2,000. Until STI/Staccato returns to the roster, there is literally no better value in a 1911 form factor for a California resident.
Enjoy.
The Berry Amendment requires the Department of War/Defense to procure certain materials entirely within the U.S. I've used that as a guide to purchase items such as plate carriers, boots, optics, and other equipment. I also buy Made in USA civilian clothing, and occasionally tactical clothing. I do this for personal satisfaction as well as supporting domestic manufacturing, even though it costs 4x more.
To that end, I've put together a curated list of Made in USA goods that I personally have. I thought folks might get a kick out of it, and I'm still working on it, so please don't consider it complete. Just so you don't have to click anywhere, here is the in-progress list:
American Trench - Made in USA clothing.
Crye Precision - Made in USA tactical clothing.
Chris Reeve Knives - Made in USA knives.
Winkler Knives - Made in USA knives (may include steel from Germany).
Benchmade - Made in USA knives.
Belleville Boot Co. - Made in USA boots.
Trijicon - Made in USA optics.
Spartan Armor Systems - Made in USA tactical gear.
Milwaukee Tool & Equipment Co. - Made in USA vises, anvils, and other tooling.
Grace USA - The greatest professional punches and finish hammers (and other fine tools) on Earth. Made in USA, and unbelievably great value for money.
Stiletto - The greatest framing hammers and striking tools on Earth. Made in USA from Titanium.
Warmoth - The greatest guitar parts on Earth. Made in USA.
RED Dragon-X 6K digital cinema camera with Zeiss CP.3 lenses - the ultimate run and gun digital cinema setup. Proof (actual sample footage). Camera body Made in USA.
Phoenix Guardian R HEPA system - a wonderful Made in USA industrial air scrubber/purifier with 10x the performance of any consumer product. I use this at my office when they are doing construction in the building, which produces dust and odors, and at home when using the fireplace.
Lucas Oil - Extreme Duty gun oil, Made in USA. After 25 years using a competing product that is still excellent, I've now switched permanently to this one. I didn't think this gun oil would make a huge difference, but it does-- the key is that (among other great properties), the viscosity is ideal. It has just the right amount of flow, and it doesn't run into my clothes when carrying my pistol, unlike other products. 10/10, will never look back. Pairs perfectly with my Springfield Armory 1911 TRP Operator.
Springfield Armory 1911 TRP Operator - the best 1911-style pistol you can buy in California for $2,000. Until STI/Staccato returns to the roster, there is literally no better value in a 1911 form factor for a California resident.
Enjoy.