OR a misdemeanor OR one year in jail OR possibly losing your CCW. It's very likely your Freedom Week mags would be confiscated and possibly your gun. I would love to have more than 11 rounds but I can drop a mag and slam another in a heartbeat. Most counties have a CCW provision if it's illegal in California, which Freedom Week "high capacity" mags currently are, it's not allowed.
I struggle to understand how self-described "law abiding" citizens want to justify breaking the law based on their personal opinion of the legitimacy of the law itself, and how it might affect them. That logic doesn't hold, we don't get to pick & choose which are the "good laws" and which aren't. Shoplifters will say they can't afford it and prices are too high. Take that argument to the extreme and we have a lawless society - it doesn't work. Sure, break all the laws you want but at least be honest about what you are doing, don't advocate others do it and make excuses. I don't agree with these magazine bans anymore than anyone else, but until the court challenges are resolved and changes made, I will follow the laws while working hard to get them overturned legally.
(c) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing July 1, 2017, any person in this state who possesses any large-capacity magazine, regardless of the date the magazine was acquired, is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100) per large-capacity magazine, or is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100) per large-capacity magazine, by imprisonment in a county jail not to exceed one year, or by both that fine and imprisonment.