18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Magpul hunter 110 stock and MDT AICS metal mags

Vtec44

Well-known member
📝 Contributor
Messages
193
Anyone here with this setup on a Savage 10/11 in 308 WIN? I'm wondering if the MDT AICS mag will cycle without any issues.
 
Last edited:
Not 100% applicable but it's worked great on my Ruger American with AR15 x39 mags despite Magpul advising against it.
 
Not 100% applicable but it's worked great on my Ruger American with AR15 x39 mags despite Magpul advising against it.
Well I'm glad something is working out there. :D I thought AICS design is suppose to be universally compatible but I read there are some compatibility issues. On top of that some retailers may not allow return of magazines so I have to find a place to test out compatibility before buying them.
 
Well I'm glad something is working out there. :D I thought AICS design is suppose to be universally compatible but I read there are some compatibility issues. On top of that some retailers may not allow return of magazines so I have to find a place to test out compatibility before buying them.
Honestly, the 7.62x39 Ruger American is a bit of a weird child when it comes to aftermarket, but with the Stanag magwell it "might" work and so far it's been flawless.

I think MDT and Midway have decent return policies if nothing else at least. Midway's return policy comes off less forgiving than it is - I had to return a scope and they took it no questions asked.
 
I decided to buy a few Magpul polymer AICS mags from Midway. I've never been a fan of polymer mags but we'll see. I'll update this once I'm able to test them. Thanks everyone.
 
Back
Top Bottom