18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

More Ammo Price Increases Coming

Because they aren't in CA, and federal court won't enforce unconstitutional CA laws so there is really no recourse for the state. Velocity ammo and others also direct ship to CA
I thought Velocity only shipped to FFL-03/COE but if that is the case I can let my buddy know, he was itching to give them a shot.

Last time I tried ordering it was a presold batch that was coming in a few weeks later so I said cancel the order and I went with my usual spot and had my case way before velocity's was even set to arrive. If they do ship to anyone (Even non-COE) then it would make sense why they are so backlogged on orders recently.

Makes me also wonder why so many vendors don't care about the ammo law but tout AB1263 as a boogeyman to stop doing any and all business with customers here. I am glad we can find ammo so many places but I feel basically screwed on spare parts if Numrich ever stops shipping to us like so many others already have.
 
I thought Velocity only shipped to FFL-03/COE but if that is the case I can let my buddy know, he was itching to give them a shot.

Last time I tried ordering it was a presold batch that was coming in a few weeks later so I said cancel the order and I went with my usual spot and had my case way before velocity's was even set to arrive. If they do ship to anyone (Even non-COE) then it would make sense why they are so backlogged on orders recently.

Makes me also wonder why so many vendors don't care about the ammo law but tout AB1263 as a boogeyman to stop doing any and all business with customers here. I am glad we can find ammo so many places but I feel basically screwed on spare parts if Numrich ever stops shipping to us like so many others already have.
Velocity only ships to FFL03+COE in California. Anyone can place an order, but you then have to email them your docs for them to actually ship it.
 
Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF
 
Between True Shot and Target Sports. you can get 9mm to your door reliably for around 265 to 280 per 1000 rds. You need a COE/FFL-03 but its paid for itself several times over. The frustrating part is 6 months ago, it was reliably 200.00 to your door.
🤫
 
Thats were i get mine from!!!! Easy checkout fast delivery, makes life easy
With an ffl03/COE right? RIGHT?? If not, I wouldn't be so bold to announce it. All too many people are brazen enough to openly admit to illegally importing ammo into the state on a non-anonymous internet forum with a clear digital footprint where you provided an online vendor with your credit card info, name, address, and items to be transacted.
 
You insinuating that Velocity will ship to your door without a FFL03+COE? That’s not been my experience at all, and have actually had them hold up multiple orders pending receipt of my docs, even after I’ve emailed them previously.
They were one of the few vendors to jump the gun the last faux "ammo freedom period" that turned out to be false. The first wave of people got their orders but Velocity had to start cancelling orders once they realized they were illegally importing ammo. At least that's I heard anyways.

Nowadays they are known for incredible lead times, some people have waited weeks for orders to ship. Tbh I never saw the appeal to them other than they don't charge CA sales tax, but you are technically responsible for reporting that anyways on your tax returns if they don't charge it to you.

This is why I prefer target sports. They ship decently quick (I get orders within 10 days), the membership negatse CA sales tax and it makes my book keeping simpler, and they are cheaper on average than Velocity. Plus the UI is much easier to navigate.
 
They were one of the few vendors to jump the gun the last faux "ammo freedom period" that turned out to be false. The first wave of people got their orders but Velocity had to start cancelling orders once they realized they were illegally importing ammo. At least that's I heard anyways.

Nowadays they are known for incredible lead times, some people have waited weeks for orders to ship. Tbh I never saw the appeal to them other than they don't charge CA sales tax, but you are technically responsible for reporting that anyways on your tax returns if they don't charge it to you.

This is why I prefer target sports. They ship decently quick (I get orders within 10 days), the membership negatse CA sales tax and it makes my book keeping simpler, and they are cheaper on average than Velocity. Plus the UI is much easier to navigate.
I also generally prefer TSUSA to Velocity for all the reasons you stated. Going on 3 weeks since the last time I placed an order with Velocity and it’s still processing. In the meantime I’ve bought and received twice from TS while waiting for Velocity to fill the order. Seems they have a tendency to pre-sell ammo that they themselves are still awaiting even if it shows as in stock on their site.
 
They were one of the few vendors to jump the gun the last faux "ammo freedom period" that turned out to be false. The first wave of people got their orders but Velocity had to start cancelling orders once they realized they were illegally importing ammo. At least that's I heard anyways.

Nowadays they are known for incredible lead times, some people have waited weeks for orders to ship. Tbh I never saw the appeal to them other than they don't charge CA sales tax, but you are technically responsible for reporting that anyways on your tax returns if they don't charge it to you.

This is why I prefer target sports. They ship decently quick (I get orders within 10 days), the membership negatse CA sales tax and it makes my book keeping simpler, and they are cheaper on average than Velocity. Plus the UI is much easier to navigate.
After 23 days of waiting, I finally had Velocity cancel the last order I placed with them. I emailed them last week asking when it would be sent out, and they assured me that it would ship no later than Friday 5/29, which came and went with no update. Emailed again yesterday morning and received no response. This morning I sent an email asking to cancel and refund the order, which they did almost immediately, so clearly they're staying on top of their emails, just can't seem to keep up with their orders lately.
 
After 23 days of waiting, I finally had Velocity cancel the last order I placed with them. I emailed them last week asking when it would be sent out, and they assured me that it would ship no later than Friday 5/29, which came and went with no update. Emailed again yesterday morning and received no response. This morning I sent an email asking to cancel and refund the order, which they did almost immediately, so clearly they're staying on top of their emails, just can't seem to keep up with their orders lately.
What did you order? I had the same experience when I ordered some 9MM American Eagle/Syntec ammo and ended up cancelling too. At least there was not trouble on that end but if you are in a hurry it seems like Velocity is lagging behind right now.
 
What did you order? I had the same experience when I ordered some 9MM American Eagle/Syntec ammo and ended up cancelling too. At least there was not trouble on that end but if you are in a hurry it seems like Velocity is lagging behind right now.
I had ordered 2 cases of Federal American Eagle 124gr. Wasn’t the greatest pricing but used the 5% off code they ran for Mother’s Day. Oh well, now I have $600 back to redirect to another ammo vendor.
 
I had ordered 2 cases of Federal American Eagle 124gr. Wasn’t the greatest pricing but used the 5% off code they ran for Mother’s Day. Oh well, now I have $600 back to redirect to another ammo vendor.
Well good thing is there is no shortage of alternatives. I find myself using Wild Horse every time but I always hear good things about Target Sports and Outdoor Limited as well. Target Sports does collect sales tax though if that is something you are trying to avoid.

I ordered a couple weeks ago and nothing so far
You gonna let it ride and see how long it'll take?
 
Well good thing is there is no shortage of alternatives. I find myself using Wild Horse every time but I always hear good things about Target Sports and Outdoor Limited as well. Target Sports does collect sales tax though if that is something you are trying to avoid.


You gonna let it ride and see how long it'll take?
If they don’t ship before 60 days I’m within AMEX protection lol. But it was a great deal so I’ll wait and see. I have like 4000 rounds of 9mm in spare so I’m not in a rush
 
50% of the precursors to ammo manufacturing were coming from the straight of hormuz, from gunpowder to copper. THey're primarily second order precursors so operations which produce components which would feed actual manufacturers haven't experienced the pinch yet.

Todays ammo prices are probably 20-30% of next months, and likely to remain so for a minimum of a year.

Luckily we all bought reloading supplies when they were cheap right guys
 
50% of the precursors to ammo manufacturing were coming from the straight of hormuz, from gunpowder to copper. THey're primarily second order precursors so operations which produce components which would feed actual manufacturers haven't experienced the pinch yet.

Todays ammo prices are probably 20-30% of next months, and likely to remain so for a minimum of a year.

Luckily we all bought reloading supplies when they were cheap right guys
Ok time to nuke Iran you convinced me
 
Back
Top Bottom