18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Moving to a different jurisdiction

miles888

Proverbs 24:17
Range Member
Messages
260
I I have an LAPD CCW, moving to Redondo Beach..

Am I correct in thinking I’ll notify LAPD of my move, have 90 days left on my LAPD CCW and have to start from fresh with RBPD?

I assume I’ll have to take the class again?
 
I I have an LAPD CCW, moving to Redondo Beach..

Am I correct in thinking I’ll notify LAPD of my move, have 90 days left on my LAPD CCW and have to start from fresh with RBPD?

I assume I’ll have to take the class again?
You must notify of change in residence within 10 days. (CA pen 26210 (b)) The license can remain valid for 90 days or LAPD can revoke at any time.

A new license requires successful application through Redondo Beach processes, conditions and fees.
 
If you had a LASD CCW I think you would of just had to notify them of the move but since it was city you will prolly need to start again.
Id call both Agencies to get advice as they may be able to streamline the process.
 
If you had a LASD CCW I think you would of just had to notify them of the move but since it was city you will prolly need to start again.
Id call both Agencies to get advice as they may be able to streamline the process.
That’s utterly insane I just got the card in June 😩

My AZ out of state is a simple address change.
 
If you had a LASD CCW I think you would of just had to notify them of the move but since it was city you will prolly need to start again.
Id call both Agencies to get advice as they may be able to streamline the process.
I called the police station, they picked up right away (amazing) and gave me the contact for the officer in charge of CCW processing, Naomi Flores, told me she will be there Tuesday and to call back.

Will report back for a data point.
 
Update:

Emailed LAPD CCW Professing Unit stating:

Hello,

I am planning on moving to Redondo Beach soon.

From what I understand I am to inform LAPD within 10 days of moving, after which I am to apply as a new applicant with RBPD.

Is that correct? Or is there a way to change my address and maintain my current CCW?

Please advise. Thank you for your time

Their response is attached stating I can apply “at least 90 days before your license expires”

????? Am I good ??

Calling RBPD tomorrow
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4173.webp
    IMG_4173.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
So I read California Penal Code § 26210

Subsection B states you must notify the issuing authority in writing within 10 days of any residence change.

Subsection D though, states:

“…shall expire 90 days after the licensee moves from the county of issuance.”

Redondo Beach is in LA county….

I think I’m good
 
Back
Top Bottom