caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Mp5 and SSE? How does it work?

Im dipping my toes into the MP5 world, and am thinking of acquiring an ap5sd after getting a taste of the G3. However, what I cannot determine is why I see so many maglocked versions of the MP5 for sale?

Couldnt you make it featureless instead? i.e. SSE at store with a fin grip and fixed stock

additionally, how does the process of acquiring one actually go? My dealer does a 275$ SSE conversion but (i believe) he requires just the receiver, and i have been unable to find one for sale. Can you SSE a used complete pistol from out of state by shipping the receiver to dealer and separate the triggerpack?
 
The zenith's are legit. For about another $1k, you can make really fun. You know, fake barrel cans, braces etc.
 
Any pistol with a magazines outside the grip has to be maglocked and is specifically limited to ten rounds
The fortensis radiata lower fixes half the problem. it does use an ar style trigger,so the firing pin spring needs a little shortening to reliably cycle.
 
I have a ZF5. Just go that route you will not regret it. Do not try to part it out as the tolerance from part to part will vary. There is no mil-spec for MP5 clones. Just go the Zenith route and you will be good. Radiata inc makes a good maglock for the zenith. I don’t know where you are located but here in Orange County a couple shops offer them.It is very pricey but gives you a better trigger than the standard one that is mush and is by far the best maglock for an MP5 clones on the market. That is the way I went and I love it. Just make sure you stick to 10rnd mags and you are golden.
 
I have a ZF5. Just go that route you will not regret it. Do not try to part it out as the tolerance from part to part will vary. There is no mil-spec for MP5 clones. Just go the Zenith route and you will be good. Radiata inc makes a good maglock for the zenith. I don’t know where you are located but here in Orange County a couple shops offer them.It is very pricey but gives you a better trigger than the standard one that is mush and is by far the best maglock for an MP5 clones on the market. That is the way I went and I love it. Just make sure you stick to 10rnd mags and you are golden.
What about the legality to convert back to semi wouldn’t it loose its SSE status for example if you
Got stopped my law enforcement or at a 💩ty range?
 
I always wanted an MP5 (SP5), but I'm not paying $7,000 premium for one. I've tried looking into SSE transfers, and nobody would do it. One place said it would be cost prohibitive specifically around making it 922(r) compliant - I don't even know if that was what would prevent the SSE transfer, but I just gave up on the effort.
 
What maglock?
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⢋⣥⣴⣶⣶⣶⣬⣙⠻⠟⣋⣭⣭⣭⣭⡙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢋⣴⣿⣿⠿⢟⣛⣛⣛⠿⢷⡹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⡿⢁⣾⣿⣿⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠷⠥⠱⣶⣶⣶⣶⡶⠮⠤⣌⡙⢿⣿
⣿⡿⢛⡁⣾⣿⣿⣿⡿⢟⡫⢕⣪⡭⠥⢭⣭⣉⡂⣉⡒⣤⡭⡉⠩⣥⣰⠂⠹
⡟⢠⣿⣱⣿⣿⣿⣏⣛⢲⣾⣿⠃⠄⠐⠈⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠄⠁⠃⢸⣿⣿⡧
⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⣊⠙⠳⠤⠤⠾⣟⠛⠍⣹⣛⣛⣢⣀⣠⣛⡯⢉⣰
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡶⠶⢒⣠⣼⣿⣿⣛⠻⠛⢛⣛⠉⣴⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢛⡛⢿⣿⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡈⢿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠸⣿⡻⢷⣍⣛⠻⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⢇⡘⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣝⠻⠶⣬⣍⣛⣛⠓⠶⠶⠶⠤⠬⠭⠤⠶⠶⠞⠛⣡⣿
⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣬⣭⣍⣙⣛⣛⣛⠛⠛⠛⠿⠿⠿⠛⣠⣿⣿
⣦⣈⠉⢛⠻⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠛⣁⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣶⣮⣭⣁⣒⣒⣒⠂⠠⠬⠭⠭⠭⢀⣀⣠⣄⡘⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
 
Back
Top Bottom