18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

My local gunsmith and mounting a red dot.

riceman

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Founder 2026 2 Top
Messages
477
Classified ads
1
As the picture shows I have 2 1911 9mms. I am slowly customizing the Springfield 1911 A1 and decided I wanted to try a red dot on one. So took my spare to my gunsmith to see if he could cut it to mount an Osight. As you see he did a great job on it. Telling me that it was specifically cut for the Osight if I should ever want to change dots we may have to do some machining to make it fit, very tight fit. Just wanted to brag about this young man, hell if your are 60 years old you are a young man in my book. He started out doing custom rifles and I have got him doing hand guns. He also does a great job with cerakoting. Cost for slide cut was $175. He is working on something for me for my Caniks SFX Rival S Dark Side. Will post when done.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0260.webp
    IMG_0260.webp
    100 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0256.webp
    IMG_0256.webp
    159.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0258.webp
    IMG_0258.webp
    93.3 KB · Views: 97
Trying to get his screen shot up. I am computer illiterate. Been trying since posting
 
Hell I am just going to text the info.
"Kirsten Precision Rifle Works"
(530) 208-0684
Yuba City, CA.
He is in his shop Thursdays and Fridays, rest of the week he works at Union Lumber, Marysville behind the gun counter. So best way to contact him is via text.

If you should use him let him know Jerry posted this here. I get no remuneration just trying to help a young man and his business.
 
Last edited:
The gun I put the red dot on was not the Sprindfield it was, I guess you could call it a custom gun that I had built.
 
Just see what the recommended footprint of your optic is RMS RMR or something else
 
The sight is an Osight SE 6 moa green dot. the footprint is an RMSc. I also left the sight with him so it was handy if he needed.
 
The frame started off as an aluminum paper weight. My friend started off manufacturing ar lowers working a full time job. Then graduated to full time and had a CNC machine that did 4 1911 lowers at a time. He was just really getting his business up and running but a divorce ruined everything. Have lost track of him.
The only component that I know is the barrel is an Ed Brown.
 
I am just getting into 1911s coming from glocks. So I am now wondering what the other components are.
 
Late reply riceman ol' buddy, but I too had my 1911, a Wilson modified for a red dot, but I sent the slide to Wilson.

I4dxK0d.jpg


Then there's my old Sig TTT,

uZpuJCT.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom