- Messages
- 6
Hi y'all, I'm in a bit of an interesting situation and wanted to hear some advice from more experienced folks.
I recently did two PPTs as a buyer, from two different dudes I met on this website. Prior to these two PPTs I've had four Approved DROS for the purchase of new guns - two from Bass Pro (two handguns) and two from Brian Nussbaum in Burlingame (a rifle and a handgun).
My two PPTs, in chronological order:
PPT 1: Purchasing a handgun, PPT via Manzano's in SJ, DROS goes Delayed on day 7, got the CA DOJ letter at home, currently still Delayed, and expecting to go Undetermined.
PPT 2: Purchasing a rifle, PPT also via Manzano's in SJ, DROS is Approved in 10 days while PPT1 is still Delayed, rifle is picked up and sitting in my safe.
Employees at Manzano's stated that they will not release handgun from PPT 1 on Undetermined, even though PPT 2 was Approved, and even when I offered to present my recently obtained COE from the CA DOJ (part of FFL3/COE I recently got), stating clearly that "nothing that would prohibit the individual from acquiring or possessing a firearm".
They said the best they can do is re-DROS the handgun from PPT1, costing me a few extra dollars, and pray that this time the DROS is Approved. The seller has (in principle) agreed to show up again to re-DROS (big shout out to the dude!) but I find this whole situation very irritating for both me and him, considering the circumstances.
Looking to get some advice on alternative moves, if there are any...
Should I re-DROS elsewhere that releases on Undetermined? Do the seller and I have to wait until PPT1 goes Undetermined to re-DROS?
Thanks in advance!
I recently did two PPTs as a buyer, from two different dudes I met on this website. Prior to these two PPTs I've had four Approved DROS for the purchase of new guns - two from Bass Pro (two handguns) and two from Brian Nussbaum in Burlingame (a rifle and a handgun).
My two PPTs, in chronological order:
PPT 1: Purchasing a handgun, PPT via Manzano's in SJ, DROS goes Delayed on day 7, got the CA DOJ letter at home, currently still Delayed, and expecting to go Undetermined.
PPT 2: Purchasing a rifle, PPT also via Manzano's in SJ, DROS is Approved in 10 days while PPT1 is still Delayed, rifle is picked up and sitting in my safe.
Employees at Manzano's stated that they will not release handgun from PPT 1 on Undetermined, even though PPT 2 was Approved, and even when I offered to present my recently obtained COE from the CA DOJ (part of FFL3/COE I recently got), stating clearly that "nothing that would prohibit the individual from acquiring or possessing a firearm".
They said the best they can do is re-DROS the handgun from PPT1, costing me a few extra dollars, and pray that this time the DROS is Approved. The seller has (in principle) agreed to show up again to re-DROS (big shout out to the dude!) but I find this whole situation very irritating for both me and him, considering the circumstances.
Looking to get some advice on alternative moves, if there are any...
Should I re-DROS elsewhere that releases on Undetermined? Do the seller and I have to wait until PPT1 goes Undetermined to re-DROS?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited: