18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

New Feature! New Badging System Beta rollout

This is for New Feature
I'm giddy. I have more badges from here than I picked up in 4 years in the Boy Scouts. šŸ™ƒ
 
The new vertical/column orientation of the badges under one's username is fantastic! Saves space, still visible.
 
I'm giddy. I have more badges from here than I picked up in 4 years in the Boy Scouts. šŸ™ƒ
Thanks for supporting us early on. It really helped when I was in the red. šŸ™
 
I’ve rolled out feedback badges for the supporter system.

The profile is a hot mess :D but only for long time supporters. Moving forward icon badges will no longer be available for newer users.

The badges you have are the ones you keep. Give me a few while we come up with how to set this up in a more streamlined way. We’ll likely shift some things around and you can always request to remove something if you like or we may replace some badges.

Still tbd. If you have comments or suggestions lmk. We’re definitely a work in progress.

1750647965773.png
 
That yellow square for Desert Depot Arms is taking up a whole few rows by itself.
 
This is what happens when you develop a site over time and actually try different things.

The little bugs and tweaks people pick up along the way. If things stay still, they stagnate. Newer users won’t get the range of badges.

When I was thinking of a way to designate new users without payments, this was one of the methods used to designate. You don’t need to pay to post, but you will be marked until you reach 10 posts along with gamification of feedback, and also for posts etc. makes things a bit more interactive. I prefer building over arguing on the internet all day. :D

Plus, once I develop the system it’s reusable for the other sites.

I always ask myself is it worth taking time to develop or is it good enough before I start. Then I need to see what works/looks better or has impact on performance etc. That’s why I post these so people can provide feedback. I add and remove things fairly regularly, so constructive comments get implemented vs ignored.
 
That yellow square for Desert Depot Arms is taking up a whole few rows by itself.
It’s for levels for badges. Testing out the capabilities on how to do tier levels for different categories
 
Last edited:
This is what happens when you develop a site over time and actually try different things.
I always ask myself is it worth taking time to develop or is it good enough before I start. Then I need to see what works/looks better or has impact on performance etc. That’s why I post these so people can provide feedback. I add and remove things fairly regularly, so constructive comments get implemented vs ignored.
Keep pounding on it....Innovation and constant measurement and re-invention are the true cornerstones of lasting success.
  • Thomas Edison made over 1,000 unsuccessful attempts before successfully creating a practical and commercially viable incandescent light bulb.
  • WD-40 was perfected on the 40th attempt. The name itself, WD-40, stands for "Water Displacement, 40th formula.
  • Gaston Glock...'nuff said.
  • "That which is measured improves. That which is measured and reported improves exponentially". ~Karl Pearson, English mathematician in the 1850s
  • "I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me". ~Albert Einstein~
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom