18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Features Added & Suggestions

I have a request, but it is vague, and I don't know how it would be implemented. In a nutshell, I want to be able to have a little note or memo associated with users, but one that is private to me. And it should be displayed right with the user's avatar and screen name. For example: Alice - Knows Sigs; Bill - Super friendly; Cannon - Scammer; Danielle - RSO; Eve - Conservative; Fred - IPSC champ; Gene - Egomaniac; Henry - Zach @calguns; Ivan - Plaintiff; Jake - Weasel; and so on.

The idea is to make it easier to associate background info about users whose name I see regularly, but that are not so obvious (such as Fighterpilot or Big Pimping or CessnaDriver) that I can immediately remember who they are. And those are my own personal notes, I don't want anyone to see them.

Right now, the only way I can store some information about users for myself is to either follow or ignore them, but that's way too coarse. I've never seen anything like this implemented on another forum. For one discussion group that I was active in a few years ago, I kept a text file with notes myself, but once that grows longer than a screen, it's impractical.
 
Hello!

If you have any suggestions or comments please add them here. We're going to be reviewing things to put into the queue of updates and would like some feedback.

I'll be reviewing all the threads in this section, instead of arguing on CGN ;) , I'll do something productive.

If you wanted something, now's your chance to ask (not for christmas). I'll do my best to get it in. I have a laundry list of things to work through, and thanks to the support from you guys. I've upgrade my setup with the Mac Mini M4 Pro and 40" stacked ultra wide and will get to work. If a suggestion was made that you agree with, give it a like or quote it. The more people want something, the more I'll prioritize it.

IMG_6887.jpeg
 
Last edited:
This is an easy one. Still waiting for brightened text...


 
Another request. I totally get that editing and deleting posts after a short grace period (for fixing typos and thinkos) is disabled.

But sometime you want to go back and edit something, to correct factual mistakes. Here's an example:
Elephants are purple, and fly through the air using their large ears.
Edit: Thanks to Alice's correction, I now know that elephants are gray, and can't fly. While their ears are big, their primary purpose is to hear grandma better.

How to implement allowing edits in some cases, but not in most others? Here's a work-intensive idea: Have a special edit button that either requires prior permission from a moderator, or that automatically reports the post to a moderator, so they can check the before-and-after.
 
Another request. I totally get that editing and deleting posts after a short grace period (for fixing typos and thinkos) is disabled.

But sometime you want to go back and edit something, to correct factual mistakes. Here's an example:


How to implement allowing edits in some cases, but not in most others? Here's a work-intensive idea: Have a special edit button that either requires prior permission from a moderator, or that automatically reports the post to a moderator, so they can check the before-and-after.
I leaning to allow 24 hour edit for supporters as a benefit and increase the default to 6 from 2 hours. We can loosen things up a little but I don't think we can implement it in the way you're mentioning. It's a lot of extra effort that i don't want mods to be responsible for. Next year, we'll have more mods but I primarily want to make sure they maintain the vibe more than edits.

I want to make volunteer mod life easy cause this can kinda suck at times. Lol.
 
Hey there! Definitely enjoying the site. My feedback/ask would be that the filter options for calibers be expanded. As it stands right now shotguns are just 12/20 for one filter option, there’s no 6.5 creed more, Grendel, or other caliber options to filter or search. Would be a great help if this was given some attention!

Thanks in advance
 
Hey there! Definitely enjoying the site. My feedback/ask would be that the filter options for calibers be expanded. As it stands right now shotguns are just 12/20 for one filter option, there’s no 6.5 creed more, Grendel, or other caliber options to filter or search. Would be a great help if this was given some attention!

Thanks in advance
Use the keyword search for that. As we grow, I’ll add in the more popular ones but it’s pretty easy to use keyword search
 
I just had a pretty cool idea not sure how hard it would be to implement,but what if you could make a tool that would show you the current market value for guns offered here against say .. gun broker or against local retail . I would pay for this as a premium user for sure. It could help establish market values and get rid of over priced adds . Although the price is set by the seller if it sells it sells but at least you might have an idea how much you are gonna over pay.
 
Feel free to use this section to offer suggestions. I’ll also use this section to post changes and updates. I’m looking forward to hearing more feedback to see how we can improve the experience.

Some recent additions:
  • Default to dark theme.
  • Enhanced Navigation
  • Classifieds Sections
  • Product Reviews & Community Ratings
    • Members can submit Reviews & Ratings including YouTube video responses
    • The community can upvote on which reviews are useful


Updates will be posted here:

For searching classifieds, the ability to filter out closed or sold sales; similar to an online retailer website where you can eliminate out of stock items?
 
For searching classifieds, the ability to filter out closed or sold sales; similar to an online retailer website where you can eliminate out of stock items?

I believe that is the default setting, if you go to the classifieds via the menu bar near the top of the page.

1737829899441.png 1737829780140.png



If you access the classifieds via the "Auto" listings,
1737830282255.png
the sold items are included. It would be nice to have sold items excluded from the list.
 
Alternatively, if a sold icon could be added, that would be helpful, something like: 1737830672535.png
 
Back
Top Bottom