18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Firearms Inventory Program

9mmContagion

CGN Member
Calguns Verified
📝 Contributor
Messages
505
I’ll start by saying, this is not my app! This was created by a podcaster that I listen to regularly. I’m using the basic free version to try it out, but I’m convinced this is the best possible software for the cheapest price.

Website is pew.locker

On a mobile phone it can be added to your home screen just like CAguns.

This app allows you to input picture, all important information, etc.
The coolest options I see in the app are the “widow’s list” which is a QR code that you can print out and leave in your safe. It gives basic info, value, and directions on whether to “sell, keep for family, or gift to..”

And then the “burn button” offering complete disposition of everything entered, including account and everything.

It also offers the ability to export if you’d like to have a physical copy, or even if you want to end subscription or account.

I’m still messing around with it, but convinced I’m going for the lifetime membership.

Just thought I’d share the cool site.

Again, pew.locker 🤙🏻
 
I’ve downloaded and deleted more inventory apps than I care to remember since the use ability usually sucks.
This one is interesting though.
 
Tbh you can do that here with some ingenuity. Might be a good feature to add here
I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard, as the guy who developed it said it took him no time… but that’s well out of my wheel house lol hell I can barely setup a decent excel spread sheet
 
I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard, as the guy who developed it said it took him no time… but that’s well out of my wheel house lol hell I can barely setup a decent excel spread sheet
I’m actually thinking of converting armoryhq.com to this.. As an accessory site it’s hard to get out of CA.. but I have the inventory system already kinda there plus the security infrastructure to make it a private vault for users. I can restrict all of the permissions so that you only see your items and nothing else. It wouldn’t take too long to do..

All of this would be protected by passkeys and you could essentially do the same thing as this. I could include it as an add on package or part of the membership. Depending on what people wanted. This wouldn’t be too difficult to build to make private vaults..
 
Last edited:
BTW.. i would never trust lifetime for $99. That burns very quickly on the internet for a SaaS service. If it was for an inventory app on your phone I’d still be concerned that it wouldn’t be updated after a couple years. I try to be realistic with people because costs almost never really go down. It’s continuous to run a service. Also at $7/mo that should tell you the amazing value you guys get here!
 
Folks really need to onboard the concept that "mobile app" and "privacy" are pretty much mutually exclusive concepts.

If you have an account, that means that info about you is on a server outside of your control somewhere.

And even if they tell you that none of your gun info is stored on that server, your first reaction should pretty much always be "yeah, YET" or "really?"
 
Folks really need to onboard the concept that "mobile app" and "privacy" are pretty much mutually exclusive concepts.
To that I say, as long as you don't use/enter personal data then it's private. Yes there is data being stored, but the reality is no one cares about you specifically.

If you do it properly, you can set it up so its private and only accessible by you and designated parties. These are not nuclear codes. I'd consider this for estate planning and collection inventory for people who care about these things to make sure they don't get lost.

If you are super private, you would not be using a windows computer connected to the internet and instead keep your own catalog in a notebook written in a cipher only you can decode or on a computer that only you know the password in an encrypted file to that's completely airgapped, which eventually no one will be able to open or you forget your password.

If you want you can encrypt your serial number and only use the hash that can be decoded that's entered into the system. You just have to be conscious of what you enter, but the reality is if you keep your password complex and use passkeys, you should be ok. You'd also create an email/login specifically for this account if you wanted to completely abstract it from anything.

The fact is most people lose track because their own system gets too complicated and need something simple for their heirs. When I used to do bullion trading, the best way to make $ was from estate sales because people didn't know what they inherited and sold it at spot and were happy with it.

I'll try to work on it for fun...
 
Last edited:
I heard the DOJ was setting up one of these inventory programs to get a better handle of who has what in California (like it’s really any of their business). If you have some older guns that you never “voluntarily” registered with the state, you might want to be careful about putting your information on any platform that third parties could access now or in the future.
 
To that I say, as long as you don't use/enter personal data then it's private. Yes there is data being stored, but the reality is no one cares about you specifically.

If you do it properly, you can set it up so its private and only accessible by you and designated parties. These are not nuclear codes. I'd consider this for estate planning and collection inventory for people who care about these things to make sure they don't get lost.

If you are super private, you would not be using a windows computer connected to the internet and instead keep your own catalog in a notebook written in a cipher only you can decode or on a computer that only you know the password in an encrypted file to that's completely airgapped, which eventually no one will be able to open or you forget your password.

If you want you can encrypt your serial number and only use the hash that can be decoded that's entered into the system. You just have to be conscious of what you enter, but the reality is if you keep your password complex and use passkeys, you should be ok. You'd also create an email/login specifically for this account if you wanted to completely abstract it from anything.

The fact is most people lose track because their own system gets too complicated and need something simple for their heirs. When I used to do bullion trading, the best way to make $ was from estate sales because people didn't know what they inherited and sold it at spot and were happy with it.

I'll try to work on it for fun...
I would love to see what you come up with.
Currently using an excel sheet and it leaves a lot to be desired since my excel skills are next to non existent.
 
Excel sheet for me. I'm not sure I'd ever trust a phone app for this sort of thing honestly. Add a tab; link to main sheet; and now that tab becomes a build list with costs and vendors for the project in question. I can view my serials, values, installed scopes and its no more difficult than an app on the phone.
 
I signed up with the free app. It looks cool, but I prefer offline storage. My uncle had ALOT of guns. When he passed we had a notebook of what each was, how much each cost, and if itnwas attached to a loan who he lent money to amd how much.
 
Interesting, took a look at the webpage and I really like the idea: a "Widow's page, ability to export all your data to .CSV, ability to store dope for each firearm and then create printable QR codes that you can scan at the range to remember forgotten data, all kinds of features.

At first, I was like, "Damn, why doesn't this guy provide UI examples on his website, showing features and functionality, so I can get an idea of how it actually works?"

And then I went to his "Pricing" page and saw the "Free" membership option, which limits you to 3 firearms total, and I realized I could just sign up for that and get a taste of everything.

D'oh!

I am also leery of a lifetime $99 membership, which is what I would choose. Seems like the guy would HAVE to lose money on those, at some point, given server/storage costs.

I also look forward to seeing what the owner of this site comes up with. I'd rather pay him if the features and costs were competitive. I've been wanting an app or service like this for a long time.

My wife has ZERO idea what all my guns are worth, which ones are registered, or how to sell or gift them, if I got hit by a bus or cement truck.
 
Oh, and I like the guy's sense of humor also:

View attachment 135448

:D
lol yep! Part of the reason I trust him. BTW His podcast this is from is “We Like Shooting”

This app all started from someone searching for an inventory app, but everything offered was garbage. So he took the challenge on and created his own
 
Back
Top Bottom