caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Plinker in 22- Mark IV vs Henry Lever

maser44

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
8
Looking to get a new range toy and wanted to get some opinions from those of you who may have experience with either. Currently have a Glock 19.5, Sig P365x, an old West German P226 and a DDM4 V11LW. Want to get a plinker in 22 and debating between a Ruger Mark iv and Henry lever action. I know these are way different, but the only requirement is fun. I love the look of the Mark IV and will probably throw a dot on it, and I also love the space cowboy builds on the levers (although I may save that build for a larger caliber, later).

What do you all have more fun with? Also, a lean to the Ruger is due to most of my range time being indoors in Orange County, so please share any outdoor ranges if you are local as well.
 
I like .357 and .44 in lever actions for maximum fun, and I love my Ruger pistols. I've owned several Ruger Standards and various Marks. So that's my experience, and my bias.

I would go with the Ruger Mark IV for maximum fun, and cool custom options.
 
I have a MK, 2 MKii, and a MKIV 22/45 they are great and the new stuff is way easier to maintain. Honestly not a fan of lever actions. I have an old pump gallery gun that I love though. Or “slide action” since it’s a rifle and not a shotgun.
 
The Ruger 22 you can use to compete in steel challenge and that's a pretty quick pipeline from casual shooter to a person that thinks reloading ammunition is a great investment and money saver.
I have enough bright ideas that I am fighting off… don’t need any more lol
 
Back
Top Bottom