18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

New speed sights

Negol

Well-known member
Messages
342
Hey all,

I had some speed sights installed and have to say I really like em. 👍 XS were my previous sights and they are great for quick body shots but not very accurate. I like the speed sights they are super bright compared to the XS and pretty accurate



20260227_154926.webp
 
They look Intriguing. Do you “ lollypop” the point of aim? With Glocks, I cut the point of aim in half, or “ cut the lollipop” in half. I shot a P226 recently, where i had to lollypop my POA. I couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Found it hard to transition.
 
Those look good. They look like they’d be easy to pick up quickly. I put these on my iron sights carry gun (CZ PCR):

IMG_1774.webp

I’m used to a red front sight and blacked out rear for USPSA, but I really like the contrasting colors for quick acquisition with my carry gun — especially now that I’ve become more target focused with my sight picture.
 
They look Intriguing. Do you “ lollypop” the point of aim? With Glocks, I cut the point of aim in half, or “ cut the lollipop” in half. I shot a P226 recently, where i had to lollypop my POA. I couldn’t hit the side of a barn. Found it hard to transition.
You line em up like three diamonds with the aim point on the tip of the middle so yes I think so. I really like em be because that tip is more accurate than say top of a circle like the xs. You can get the fronts a different color too which in hindsight i might have done. All tritium of course with painted also
 
Here's a good video explaining em

 
Hey all,

I had some speed sights installed and have to say I really like em. 👍 XS were my previous sights and they are great for quick body shots but not very accurate. I like the speed sights they are super bright compared to the XS and pretty accurate



View attachment 158083
Looks nice. I have used the speed sights couple of time and they are awesome.
 
When you want your gun to stare back at you in the dark lol

I gotta ask why these sights instead of going with an optic?
 
When you want your gun to stare back at you in the dark lol

I gotta ask why these sights instead of going with an optic?
I run XD's and 1911's non of em are optics ready. I'm lookin into getting a new full size but getting it in .40 in calif is being a pita. I think I'm just gonna grab a S&W 10mm that just hit the list. I will have an optic on that.
 
Back
Top Bottom