18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Staccato, what is it and will it come to Commiefornia?

I spoke to the rep for a good bit a couple times yesterday. There's a new one in the pipeline that's just waiting on commiefornia-stan's DOJ approval. He was hopeful by late this/eay next year.
Did he say if it's a new design or an existing design new for california?
 
PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG
But that’s the P4X (full size grip on the C4X) right?

If that’s the new release, then it’s not even a new release. Just a full size grip for the C4X and C3.6, making it a P4X and P3.6. (NOT COMPLAINING CAUSE I GOT A C3.6)

Besides that, it’s not a new gun release. Just a part release that’ll be a direct offering.

Kinda like buying a Glock 17 and 19 to make a 45.

Awesome, but not like new gun gun 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
If that's the case I'm not even remotely interested. I'm hoping for P4.5X, or whatever they might call it. I want steel frame, full size grip, 4.5" ported or 5" ported/non ported.
or give us P4.5 already, for which we can buy new ported barrel from DSC for $620 and call it a day
PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG
But that’s the P4X (full size grip on the C4X) right?

If that’s the new release, then it’s not even a new release. Just a full size grip for the C4X and C3.6, making it a P4X and P3.6. (NOT COMPLAINING CAUSE I GOT A C3.6)

Besides that, it’s not a new gun release. Just a part release that’ll be a direct offering.

Kinda like buying a Glock 17 and 19 to make a 45.

Awesome, but not like new gun gun 🤷🏻‍♂️
 
If that's the case I'm not even remotely interested. I'm hoping for P4.5X, or whatever they might call it. I want steel frame, full size grip, 4.5" ported or 5" ported/non ported.
or give us P4.5 already, for which we can buy new ported barrel from DSC for $620 and call it a day

Yeah, cause the photo is just the ranger gun for the annual competition they sponsored this year!

I’m also waiting on a P4.5 for Cali but i already own a P so might just move to an XL at that point!
 
I’m for the XMacro mags instead of G43x mags because they have been around longer and it holds 2 more rounds

However

However

However

That’s a gun that Sig should build not Staccato but it would be funny if Staccato builds it first. In the big picture I think we all agree about 2011’s that take a micro 15-17rd magazine in the slimness of the traditional 1911 for carry.
 
I spoke to the rep for a good bit a couple times yesterday. There's a new one in the pipeline that's just waiting on commiefornia-stan's DOJ approval. He was hopeful by late this/eay next year.
They were able to move the 3.6 and C4X on the roster pretty quickly. If this "new" model is following the same setup, I would assume that it would not take that long, but with Commiefornia, you never know.
 
They were able to move the 3.6 and C4X on the roster pretty quickly. If this "new" model is following the same setup, I would assume that it would not take that long, but with Commiefornia, you never know.
Then were the P4.5?
 
Springfield EMP

Outdated, expensive, lacking capacity and really no reason to get one these days.
Bul Armory Ultralight Pro if you can overlook the morals of it!
I would get one but it’s still more expensive than a 3.6 so no point!
 
I think the HD4.5 has not been released in our wonderful state due to simple economics. In what I heard, and firmly believe, is that Staccato sells way more HD P4.5 models across the US than they do the standard HP P4 model. Currently, the website shows " Estimated 60-90 Days" for the HD P4.5, but the HD P4 currently shows "Estimated 14 Days". If they can sell a restricted state more of the less desired models, then by all means, they will. If demand drops for the HD P4.5, I am sure we will see them soon enough.
 
Back
Top Bottom