18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Staccato, what is it and will it come to Commiefornia?

I think the HD4.5 has not been released in our wonderful state due to simple economics. In what I heard, and firmly believe, is that Staccato sells way more HD P4.5 models across the US than they do the standard HP P4 model. Currently, the website shows " Estimated 60-90 Days" for the HD P4.5, but the HD P4 currently shows "Estimated 14 Days". If they can sell a restricted state more of the less desired models, then by all means, they will. If demand drops for the HD P4.5, I am sure we will see them soon enough.
Let me get this man some range ammo because I appreciate the schooling!

Been looking at the Cali market that I completely forgot about the US Market as a whole!

And that’s on being a self-centered Californian!
 
Morals of if because Bul Armory is an Israeli Company?

There’s no point to the Ultra Light when you can get a C3.6
Yep just the Israeli thing! Heard great things. I rather get a Bul then a Sig but that’s me
 
Looks like a full sized comp to me. Hopefully we will see it on the roster at the same time, just like the HD C4X.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3348.webp
    IMG_3348.webp
    21 KB · Views: 76
They were able to move the 3.6 and C4X on the roster pretty quickly. If this "new" model is following the same setup, I would assume that it would not take that long, but with Commiefornia, you never know.
That was exactly his take as well. Apparently, it's all basically "set up" and unless commiefornia-stan's doj pulls some wild ask out of their ass, it's a done deal and just waiting to be listed. We got seriously sidetracked comparing Tudor Pelagos watches, so when we picked the convo back up a bit later... I forgot the important stuff like "exact model", but if memory serves it was the HD P4.5. When I asked if it would be for sale by my birthday in Feb/Mar of next year, he said he'd hoped in would have been on the roster for month by then. And then we started bull💩ting about watches again.
 
I’m for the XMacro mags instead of G43x mags because they have been around longer and it holds 2 more rounds

However

However

However

That’s a gun that Sig should build not Staccato but it would be funny if Staccato builds it first. In the big picture I think we all agree about 2011’s that take a micro 15-17rd magazine in the slimness of the traditional 1911 for carry.
platypus is nice and slim and takes 17/21 rd mags.
 
Id like to see them drop something to compete with the Artemis for limited optics.
Full size sight block gun.

Fusion xp comp with the monoblock is the cheapest alternative to this. Runs great & shoots super flat with Glock mags which is a plus.

Otherwise you can get an XC with a sight block if you’re a staccato die hard
 
I’m for the XMacro mags instead of G43x mags because they have been around longer and it holds 2 more rounds

However

However

However

That’s a gun that Sig should build not Staccato but it would be funny if Staccato builds it first. In the big picture I think we all agree about 2011’s that take a micro 15-17rd magazine in the slimness of the traditional 1911 f

I would be all over the fusion but that grip sucks ass.

Have you held the updated grips? It’s not bad at all. I shoot USPSA with it and it doesnt even need chalk. If you really want you can just put skateboard tape ($9 for a roll that will last a lifetime) or handle it grips on it ($20).

It shoots better and flatter/softer than most 2011 I’ve tried for $1,600 and I’ve tried them all lol. My personal opinion ofc
 
Have you held the updated grips? It’s not bad at all. I shoot USPSA with it and it doesnt even need chalk. If you really want you can just put skateboard tape ($9 for a roll that will last a lifetime) or handle it grips on it ($20).

It shoots better and flatter/softer than most 2011 I’ve tried for $1,600 and I’ve tried them all lol. My personal opinion ofc
yeah they had one at River City, I hate it lol. I built this for like 2500 instead PXL_20260629_222554471.webp
 
I’m ready for those used discounted C4X’s
I feel like that might be a relatively small subset of people ditching one for the other.

Presumably the P4X will be all steel and will weigh as much as the HD P4 - which some do carry, but rarely if given the choice for a compact HD gun like the C3.6 or C4X.

I think most of the new P4Xs will be people will large hands, people who want a fun comped HD gun, or people who want one for "duty" use - whatever that means to them.

The C4X will still have its niche as the best carry gun in the HD lineup and possibly overall for Staccato, but that's up for debate.

Now we wait and see if the rumored price is accurate. If so ... just get a used Erebus or XC at that point because the rumored price is kind of strangely high.
 
Back
Top Bottom