18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Staccato, what is it and will it come to Commiefornia?

Fusion xp comp with the monoblock is the cheapest alternative to this. Runs great & shoots super flat with Glock mags which is a plus.

Otherwise you can get an XC with a sight block if you’re a staccato die hard
The fusion was the worst gun I ever purchased.
First mag through it, slide got jammed.
Sent it back, got it back fte every other round.
They sent me a spring kit, no help
Sent it to the gunsmith i use. He got it running perfect.
Then I sold it.
I lost 800 on it
 
The fusion was the worst gun I ever purchased.
First mag through it, slide got jammed.
Sent it back, got it back fte every other round.
They sent me a spring kit, no help
Sent it to the gunsmith i use. He got it running perfect.
Then I sold it.
I lost 800 on it
Damn sorry to hear that man.

What did the gunsmith do to get it running?
 
I feel like that might be a relatively small subset of people ditching one for the other.

Presumably the P4X will be all steel and will weigh as much as the HD P4 - which some do carry, but rarely if given the choice for a compact HD gun like the C3.6 or C4X.

I think most of the new P4Xs will be people will large hands, people who want a fun comped HD gun, or people who want one for "duty" use - whatever that means to them.

The C4X will still have its niche as the best carry gun in the HD lineup and possibly overall for Staccato, but that's up for debate.

Now we wait and see if the rumored price is accurate. If so ... just get a used Erebus or XC at that point because the rumored price is kind of strangely high.

I think it’s gonna be the people who want a full size grip on the C4X. I think they are clearly looking for what is now gonna be the P4X.

I’m actually still debating if I want to sell the P4 to fund a C4X for carry or somehow acquire (purchase or trade) a compact grip and port the thing
 
I think it’s gonna be the people who want a full size grip on the C4X. I think they are clearly looking for what is now gonna be the P4X.

I’m actually still debating if I want to sell the P4 to fund a C4X for carry or somehow acquire (purchase or trade) a compact grip and port the thing
I mean I own both a P4 and 2 C4Xs and the C4X is pretty stellar. I own and carry plenty of way higher end 2011s and the C4X has earned its spot as one of my primaries. Good mix of size, weight, and shootability. Series 80 and relatively easier to replace or buy a backup for is just a bonus.
 
Dude that’s sick! Can’t beat a cheely or atlas grip for sure.

For someone who is picky about grips glad to see you’re not picky about slide serrations 😂
ha well I just put it together so I haven't sent it out for serrations and coating yet, but honestly with an 8lb recoil spring I can rack it fine without serrations. People really do get weird about serrations. But yes I do like a stabby grip module lol. But the Cheely is also ergonomic
 
Last edited:
I mean I own both a P4 and 2 C4Xs and the C4X is pretty stellar. I own and carry plenty of way higher end 2011s and the C4X has earned its spot as one of my primaries. Good mix of size, weight, and shootability. Series 80 and relatively easier to replace or buy a backup for is just a bonus.

If I get the C4X then I think both the P4 and 24C will be out of a job. The 24C is an excellent pistol but it doesn’t have any advantages over the C4X. The C4X is also one of those guns I look at and say well there’s nothing, absolutely nothing more I want from it aside from a sale….
 
I keep my HD P4 around on HD duty or when I think I might end up somewhat abusing the pistol during a class, but it's outclassed in a lot of ways by a lot of other guns - depending on the use case. Good all around gun if you only have or need one 2011, but there are better for particular roles nowadays.
 
I keep my HD P4 around on HD duty or when I think I might end up somewhat abusing the pistol during a class, but it's outclassed in a lot of ways by a lot of other guns - depending on the use case. Good all around gun if you only have or need one 2011, but there are better for particular roles nowadays.

I do the carry / HD combo with the P229 and P226 Legion SAO combos now but I could see myself going switching to a C4X and P4 as well since they get better support. First world problems though.
 
As expected, the big “surprise” is the new P4X. No announcement on a CA compliant version, but have to imagine it’s coming soon. Website shows the P4X pricing is $100 more than the C4X, so at least that quashes the rumors of prices as high as $5500. Still comes in right at the $4k mark for the premium package.

 

Attachments

  • IMG_5108.webp
    IMG_5108.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 17
I still find it amusing that Staccato charges >$1K for the port when others sell ported version for same price, or s few bucks more. At $4k for px4 kimber 2k11 commander pro comp for $2.5K looks like a very good alternative.
The raw material and machining differences aren’t enough to justify the cost difference but there’s a pretty large difference in complexity between a one piece integral barrel and comp versus what is essentially a chunk port rather than a true comp.

Again, not worth the price difference over their base models, but the comp is actually very effective for such a relatively small expansion chamber size.
 
The raw material and machining differences aren’t enough to justify the cost difference but there’s a pretty large difference in complexity between a one piece integral barrel and comp versus what is essentially a chunk port rather than a true comp.

Again, not worth the price difference over their base models, but the comp is actually very effective for such a relatively small expansion chamber size.
Is HD 4.5 barrel same type of construction as C4X or P4X just with a sight block instead of comp? Or I'm wrong
 
Is HD 4.5 barrel same type of construction as C4X or P4X just with a sight block instead of comp? Or I'm wrong
Similar, but without milling the expansion chamber and side porting, yah. So they for sure had the tech for like a year or something at this point. I think I also heard they actually can’t keep up with production versus demand and that’s why they often have to batch inventory - so they just think/know people would pay the increased price from the HD P4.5 up to the P4X.
 
Similar, but without milling the expansion chamber and side porting, yah. So they for sure had the tech for like a year or something at this point. I think I also heard they actually can’t keep up with production versus demand and that’s why they often have to batch inventory - so they just think/know people would pay the increased price from the HD P4.5 up to the P4X.
I was told by Staccato customer service rep the reason HD P4.5 isn't on CA roster yet is strictly in-house production capabilities. Plans are still to add it, but they keep pushing it. Good for them they are making such a beautiful and quality guns with demand so high they sells faster than can build them. I just think price difference between comped and not comped is a bit too much.
DSC comp system which includes whole new barrel with port for P4.5 with DLC coat and hand fitted to your slide is about a half of what staccato charges for the port. Not sure how DSC's single port compares to Staccato's, but if we get P4.5 on roster I likely go that route vs P4.5X (almost positive it's in the works)
 

Attachments

  • 1783188334530.webp
    1783188334530.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 17
As expected, the big “surprise” is the new P4X. No announcement on a CA compliant version, but have to imagine it’s coming soon. Website shows the P4X pricing is $100 more than the C4X, so at least that quashes the rumors of prices as high as $5500. Still comes in right at the $4k mark for the premium package.


Wow Sig is destroying them on price
 
Back
Top Bottom