18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • šŸ“¢ Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Nice 2A Interaction (nothing earth shattering)

Messages
457
Classified ads
1
Yesterday was heading to a shooting session with friends at ranch. Stopped off at a little gas station mini mart on the way for coffee. Place was being renovated by new owners.
Had a conversation about how nice it looks and ended up discussing the weather 🄓, not really. Conversation turned to guns and they said we are gun friendly and believe in the 2A. That was a very pleasant surprise and made me realize how lucky I am to live in Northern California. Of course, I had a smile on my face when I left. As stated, nothing important just wanted to share my great experience.
 
That's awesome, thanks for sharing. I was up in Norcal most of my life, now in Socal, and culture is very different, that's for sure.

Funny how in today's era, having a good conversation with a stranger makes a big impact on us. Those moments are worth reaching for. Of course this implies you are not always talking about gunsšŸ˜†
 
That's awesome, thanks for sharing. I was up in Norcal most of my life, now in Socal, and culture is very different, that's for sure.

Funny how in today's era, having a good conversation with a stranger makes a big impact on us. Those moments are worth reaching for. Of course this implies you are not always talking about gunsšŸ˜†
Can’t remember in SoCal the last good conversation I had with a stranger was. I try to avoid them now at all costs because of the far left talking points, not to be confused with the far right talking points that are equally rubbish.
 
Can’t remember in SoCal the last good conversation I had with a stranger was. I try to avoid them now at all costs because of the far left talking points, not to be confused with the far right talking points that are equally rubbish.
Last good conversation, I talked about ice cream in the Vons checkout line. As soon as people equip themselves with the mindset of avoidance, people divide. Most people can find common ground with something as simple as ice cream. I was just in South Africa (extremely diverse) and the locals were joyful and open to chat to a stranger. It's time to be a culture changer in Socal instead of a conformer!

I like the OP's mindset, positive outlook on life.
 
Last good conversation, I talked about ice cream in the Vons checkout line. As soon as people equip themselves with the mindset of avoidance, people divide. Most people can find common ground with something as simple as ice cream. I was just in South Africa (extremely diverse) and the locals were joyful and open to chat to a stranger. It's time to be a culture changer in Socal instead of a conformer!

I like the OP's mindset, positive outlook on life.
I agree, but at this point in my life after retiring from a stressful job seeing the worst in people daily I’ve become something of a introvert not wanting to talk to strangers in general anymore.

Stranger Danger!
 
Back
Top Bottom