18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

No more FFL number required to get CoE?

Dang I just missed the train, did my app last month and had to wait for the FFL-03 for the COE to get approved. Hopefully this means renewal will be much simpler though.
 
How long does it take to receive the FFL-03 ?
It really depends, on the CA Guns subreddit some guys have been getting em super fast, mine took over a month because Discover denied the original payment and I had to send a money order to cover it.
 
I applied on 5/7 and just received my FFL03 in the mail today 5/26. I did not use a card, I sent in a check.

I have not completed my COE yet, probably complete that this week or next.

Edit: Live scan and COE application completed today 5/27.
 
Last edited:
I applied on 5/7 and just received my FFL03 in the mail today 5/26. I did not use a card, I sent in a check.

I have not completed my COE yet, probably complete that this week or next.

Edit: Live scan and COE application completed today 5/27.
COE approved 5/28...good to go!

Total time: 21 days
Total Cost: $133
 
Back
Top Bottom