- Messages
- 368
- Classified ads
- 2
It does.The "ignore" solution sounds good IF that filters them from classified listings.
I've got a few listings.
Put me on your ignore list (temporarily or permanently, your call
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
It does.The "ignore" solution sounds good IF that filters them from classified listings.
You're taking it personal. People can be jerks, so what, life goes on. Don't let it get under your skin. I would be surprised if no one with a classified ad wasn't getting any lowball offers. It happens. Put on your big boy pants and move on.A lot of times I won't even grace people with a response, typically when it's an insultingly low offer. If you're genuinely interested and have questions, I'm more than happy to answer them, but perfect example, I had a gun listed at 350, it was up literally less than 3 hours and someone messaged me with "$200." It wasn't even a question, it was a statement, which makes it even more laughable. People are also busy and don't check this 20 times a day, I usually check once a day if I have something posted and if I get time, otherwise, it can wait. Patience is a virtue.
Hahaha, right!You're taking it personal. People can be jerks, so what, life goes on. Don't let it get under your skin. I would be surprised if no one with a classified ad wasn't getting any lowball offers. It happens. Put on your big boy pants and move on.
I have been low balled on items for years going well beyond firearms being a eBay seller since 2000 and always replied politely yet with a bit of wit when I listed something "or best offer" and got a joke of an offer.A lot of times I won't even grace people with a response, typically when it's an insultingly low offer. If you're genuinely interested and have questions, I'm more than happy to answer them, but perfect example, I had a gun listed at 350, it was up literally less than 3 hours and someone messaged me with "$200." It wasn't even a question, it was a statement, which makes it even more laughable. People are also busy and don't check this 20 times a day, I usually check once a day if I have something posted and if I get time, otherwise, it can wait. Patience is a virtue.
One would have to go out of their way to disable notifications, just saying.Have a non-responsive seller is nothing new. Lots of people list things in multiple places and forget to go back to them and mark as sold. If they aren't on here regularly and don't have the correct notification settings, it's easy to have an orphan classified. 90 days should be good.
IDK, I wasn't getting them and needed to tweak the settings. Just sayin'One would have to go out of their way to disable notifications, just saying.
You're taking it personal. People can be jerks, so what, life goes on. Don't let it get under your skin. I would be surprised if no one with a classified ad wasn't getting any lowball offers. It happens. Put on your big boy pants and move on.
Not trying to stir anything up but any site I have ever been on, be it selling or just posting, getting email notifications was the default setting.
I'm 99% sure it was my doingYeah, that's strange.
They get filtered automatically when they expire and never show again if you ignore.I agree about the unreasonably low offers: those don't really deserve a response although personally I have responded to those people and said "sorry but no" to maintain some etiquette on the site, even if they are not. Just to be clear I don't think we're talking about people who don't respond same day: we're talking about people who have had something listed for two or three months with multiple inquiries and no response. They should just close the ad if they're not serious about selling. The "ignore" solution sounds good IF that filters them from classified listings.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!