18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

NRA National Convention & Exhibition - worth attending?

Is the NRA Annual Meeting and convention worth attending?

  • Yes

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

    Votes: 4 80.0%

  • Total voters
    5
Messages
289
I had opportunity to attend the SHOT show a number of years ago and enjoyed the experience.

SHOT has since evolved attendance rules and I'm no longer eligible.

The NRA holds their annual convention each year, this year will be in Houston Texas.

Anyone been to the NRA Annual Convention, and think it worth the coin to attend?

Thanks in advance.
 
I’ve been before. It was when the show was in the city I lived in. Can’t say I would travel to go see it but if I was local I’d stop by
 
I only went for one day to walk the floor. I thought the number of vendors was sufficient. Good variety. Since I only walked the floor I can’t speak for the other events & workshops they put on.
 
You won’t be able to own 95% of the firearms at the show without jumping through a bunch of hoops and hurdles. I’d say no.
 
Good points regarding the limited availability of California products.

Even at SHOT show I still enjoyed the displays. Full auto firearms, suppressors... Like a car show. I can't afford a high end car, but I still appreciate them.


I went when I was less well off and I still enjoyed it.
 
Back
Top Bottom